Hows The Hunting Going Folks?

SASKY whitey???

Nope Wolf

BC born and bred, Fort St. John, and he was not even close to the big guys I was chasing, just ran out of time, so took him. There is a story and more picts, will post soon.

Cheers

SS

After the move, I had to adjust to no salmon fishing and no chasing the grey ghosts, but there is moose, elk and deer here, so a change is tactics was needed.

The elk were fun, had my chances, but was looking for these 2 guys, so I let a couple bulls and a few cows walk.

No chances with these guys, but I have a late season cow tag for here, so I will fill that.

Next up was the moose, which I posted earlier.

Then up was deer, mainly a decent Whitetail buck. I had a few I was chasing;

Will post more next post

Cheers

SS

This guy showed up for the first time the day before I sat in the Blind.

And after I sat in the blind for 10 minutes, this was the result....

And my partner got one of the other bucks

Cheers

SS

Ken-- whats that white stuff????

Bryan

We just got another 6".....and -20, now add in the wind and it was -33 yesterday....was supposed to go chase elk, but I cracked some ribs on Saturday while reffing a hockey game, so out of the game so to speak, for a couple weeks.

I have heard that you don't have any, even in the mountains.

Cheers

SS

Returned for the annual late season bow hunt on the mainland last night.
Deep CRUNCHY snow made stalking within bow range impossible and the Cold made sitting a rather BRUTAL experience!
Although methinks the weather played some part in it, the sightings of whitetails were WAY down this year in all of our usual haunts, and those we did see were Rockets on each occasion.
First time ever I have pulled out without tagging anything. Most years sees two coming home, and often three. Had enough, pulled the pin and wandered home late yesterday.
Good thing for moose & blacktail in the freezer!

Frostbitten & Frustrated...
Nog

Well it's over me... No freezer space left and the meat shops around town are full and won't do sausage or pepperoni till new year. Sure had fun over the last two weeks. Hoping for a better fall next year as the weather stunk and I hate waiting till the end of season to get it done.....

2 bull moose with the bows and 2 bull elk with the rifles turned into a lot of work. Yummy batch of maple moose sausage here.

Attachments

• IMG_0394.jpg
    IMG_0394.jpg
    91.5 KB · Views: 226
2013 Archery Vancouver Island Blacktail:

2_x_4_2.jpg

Full Story here for anyone who might be interested: http://www.huntingbc.ca/forum/showthread.php?102493-A-Year-In-The-Making

Cheers!
Nog

Great story, Matt. I read it it from start to finish. Congrats on getting one of the biggies. Good luck on the skyscraper next year

Back