How Long Is Your Sausage?

a few years back we got 4 moose between 2 familys so we decided to do a big batch of sausages. We had the industrial meat grinder and all the fancy tools including real pig intestines for casings. We made had 400 pounds of moose and 300 pounds of pork in one batch we worked from 6 am untill 1 am the next day from cutting the meat and grinding it to vaccume packing them. We ended up using a mixing drill and a paddle like you would for mixing cement in a bucket. It worked really well for working in the spices and mixing the pork and moose really well.

By the end of the day the 4 of us had consumed atleast a 24 pack and 15 pounds of sausages each. It was horrible. My buddy even work up in the middle of the night because of a dream we was drowning in sausages!

Great times together though!

-Steve

When I read the title, I thought that I would see a bunch of off color comments......but you have got me going on making sausage. I have a bunch of ducks that we haven't been able to get through. I bet they will make great sausage.

I made a batch of these brats today and WOW! One of the best recipies I have done. I would not change a thing.
Cheers Nog thanks for all the great posts.

Back