Coconut Curry Tuna Loin

Bryan Allen

Found this on the web-- Turned out fantastic . My wife was a bit skeptical when I told her I was cooking tonight, but she gave me a big two thumbs up when we were finished.

Ingredients​

Ingredient Checklist
  • 1 cup canned coconut milk

• 4 teaspoons tamarind concentrate or lime juice

• 1 ½ teaspoons Thai red curry paste or curry powder

• 2 tablespoons minced fresh cilantro

• 1 ½ pounds boned tuna (ahi, 1 1/4 to 1 1/2 in. thick)

• ½ cup chopped salted roasted cashews

• 4 cups hot cooked rice

• ¼ cup slivered fresh basil leaves

• Salt
local-offers-pin.png

Directions​

Instructions Checklist
  • Step 1
    In a bowl, mix coconut milk, tamarind concentrate, and curry paste; stir in cilantro.
  • Step 2
    Rinse tuna, pat dry, and turn over in coconut milk sauce. Lift out fish; save the sauce.
  • Step 3
    Pour sauce into a 1- to 1 1/2-quart pan; bring to a boil over high heat, stirring. Or bring to a boil in a microwave-safe container in a microwave oven at full power (100%). Keep warm.
  • Step 4
    Lay tuna on a lightly oiled barbecue grill over a solid bed of very hot coals or high heat on a gas grill (you can hold your hand at grill level only 1 to 2 seconds), close lid on gas grill. Cook tuna until bottom is pale color about 1/4 inch into fish (cut to test; center is red), about 2 minutes. Turn tuna with a wide spatula and cook until side on grill is the same color as it is on the top, and center is still pink to red, about 1 minute longer.
  • Step 5
    Stir cashews into rice, spoon onto plates, and top with equal portions tuna. Sprinkle with basil. Serve with warm coconut-curry sauce and add salt to taste.

Nutrition Facts​

Per Serving:

610 calories; calories from fat 34%; protein 48g; fat 23g; saturated fat 13g; carbohydrates 52g; fiber 2.3g; sodium 251mg; cholester

Any pictures of this? Sounds great!
No-- I am a Neanderthal when it comes to posting pics.
I'll gives this one a go this weekend.. thank u for sharing :)
I upped the curry paste about 1/2 teaspoon as I like things hot (but not too hot so to mask the taste of the tuna .. and I crushed the cashews ) The fresh basil is a great addition to the dish too.

Back