Hourston window

Downchild

A buddy broke a window.
18 ft 2008 Hourston.
Having a hell of time finding a replacement.
Any help would be appreciated.

Attachments

• Resized_20210330_171921.jpeg
    Resized_20210330_171921.jpeg
    440.1 KB · Views: 41
Ya,that could be a tough one to find unless you can find out who made them for Hourston.If their still in business they might have the templates to produce another one.No help I know.

I believe someone that used to work at Hourston is now with haruna? Maybe try giving them a call and see if they could provide any information for you.

Ya its not easy. That's a Taylormade euro windshield and they don't retain records. I've wanted my curved windshield replaced but best they can offer is ship them the entire frame. Have you spoken with taylormade yet?

I believe someone that used to work at Hourston is now with haruna? Maybe try giving them a call and see if they could provide any information for you.

That's Pete. I don't think he has much in terms of records. I even asked Bill in secret cove last summer and he just looked at me funny haha

Ya its not easy. That's a Taylormade euro windshield and they don't retain records. I've wanted my curved windshield replaced but best they can offer is ship them the entire frame. Have you spoken with taylormade yet?
Yes.
It's an ongoing process.
Did you find a solution to your window?

That's Pete. I don't think he has much in terms of records. I even asked Bill in secret cove last summer and he just looked at me funny haha
Haha! Well there can’t be that many people supplying those windows one of the guys must know where they were coming from..

Yes.
It's an ongoing process.
Did you find a solution to your window?

I'm after the whole frame in stainless. It's not imperative but the corrosion drives me crazy. Taylormade won't sell me just the frame and quoted a FO cost of around 10,000 usd...

Btw did hourston install the taylormsde part numbers behind the seal that covers the screws? If they did you win, they didn't with mine which really blows. And taylormade refuses to look up hourstons records which would be easy as they didn't build thay many 26 Island runners for fak sakes.

Contact Brian at Gilchrist Glass Bending. He makes custom windshields for boats and cars all the time 250 743-3212

Coastal curved glass in Pitt meadows might be able to help as well. Nothing cheap about curved glass but nothing is in the boat world

Back