Honeymoon fishing package help

Fisher_dude

Crew Member
I'm getting married June 9th 2012 and I've talked it over with the fiancé, for our honeymoon, we'd like to head out to the west coast to do some fishing. Ever since I took her out on Tailspins boat and she nailed 2 16lb springs, she's been hooked. This is where it gets a bit difficult. By no means are we rich and can't afford $1000 a day costs.Hell, I just paid for a wedding. Haha. We would like to find somewhere that we could stay that has accommodations and fishing. I'm not to sure what you guys on here have for something like that but I figured that I'd ask. Looking for 4-5 days. Would like to pound a few hali If possible. We can cook for ourselves as well. Lemme know!!

Thanks
Matt

That's going to be a tough gig if you insist on West coast....any good charter will run you $1000/day minimum, and thats just the boat, not the accommodation. If you insist on the big sea experience and cheap is the rule, as far as I know, your only option is canadian princess in ucluelet. Looks like packages for the time you want (stay and fish) are $600-1000 (I assume per person). Don't think any place will touch that, but you won't be getting the true west coast experience. Maybe fish with them for 3 of the days, and then book with ironnoggin for a day?? Maybe a good compromise? Personally sitting on a massive yacht with a bunch of barfers jigging for salmon doesn't sound like my idea of a honeymoon though - I'd say book a nice condo or something in ucluelet, stay on land and do the beach thing, and then take out a real charter for a couple days.

After reading my post, I've come to realize that what I'm asking for is pretty much impossible. Let's shrink it down to 2-3 days. Might just stay in a hotel for cheap then spend more money on fishing.

harrisons cove lodge,,great accomods, good people, good prices, :cool:great guides. pick you up in ukee or toquat. contact bob,,

To do it on a budget (been there, done that, still doing it) look for rental boats, e.g. Pedder Bay Marina (owned by Oak Bay Marine Group).
16 foot boats for 25.00 or less per hour. No guide, but you don't have to travel very far either.
Luck

Matt , don't go cheap on your honeymoon if you can help it - trust me. The Honeymoon is important. If she wants to go fishing on her honeymoon you are blessed ! Go cheaper on other things but not this ( Maybe even split a couple charters with someone to keep price down)
You only live once and your honeymoon only happens once ( with her anyway :)). If you take her to a lousy place with everything below average you will have bad memories.

Ucluelet with Ironnoggin for one or two days fishing OR if in Tofino fish with "Fishtofino" or "Tofinofish" . In Ukee stay at Black Rock at least a night or two. If in Tofino/Long Beach stay at Wikininish at least a night or two as a treat . If you stay longer you can move to any decent B&B or other accom. in ukee or Tofino. I'd stay 4-5 days and fish two. Explore the beautiful area the other two days . Tons to do if you decide to get outside :eek: You don't need to stay right at the dock if you have a vehicle. All Accomodation is minutes to dock.

Congrats - and have a blast !!

Last edited by a moderator:
Yarrr.... I suggest the pukers for a good deal..

http://www.canadianprincess.com/

You can fish the prime waters.... maybe not using the prime technique, but.......

See if you can spend the $1000 on a good guide for a day and do your slayin. Spend the rest of the time hanging out with a morning jigging trip.

If you have had a few, the decks of that boat will mess with ya.... jus sayin :rolleyes:

Well, I certainly agree with Peahead! Don’t spend your honeymoon night in your words some “hotel for cheap”! If you are set on the Ucluelet/Tofino area... The Wickaninnish Inn, is THE place I would recommend spending a honeymoon night! One night won’t break the bank an IMHO that is the nicest place on WCVI. Make sure you check on the June rates as they are cheaper! J

After that you can look for all the cheaper areas and rates; however, I would NOT recommend taking anyone, especially a new bride, new to fishing, on the Canadian Princess! Besides getting seasick, that just might end your new brides desire to ever want to go salmon fishing again?

http://www.wickinn.com/accommodationsrates.html

Here is thought... If you want to stay in a nice place, very secluded cabin, have you ever heard of the “Daffodil Bay Cottage”? It is 15 minutes out ofTahsis, located in the Tahsis Narrows, right on the water, with a private dock. That could turn out to be a very nice, romantic, secluded getaway, honeymoon with a fishing at reasonable cost. If you contact Cathy (owner) at Westview Marine and tell her, what is going on, what you are thinking/wanting, knowing her she will make it happen? Ask her to tie their fishing charter trip in with the Daffodil Bay Cottage for your honeymoon. You could either rent a boat or just have Cathy arrange to pre-stock the cottage (don’t forget the champagne!) and have you dropped off and picked up for the fishing/eco trips - Right from your private dock at the Daffodil? That could be NICE!

Two Fishing Adventures OR Two Eco Adventures (or mix it up - your choice!)

Three Nights Premium Lodging. All meals included.

http://www.westviewmarina.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=50&Itemid=58

http://www.westviewmarina.com/index.php?option=com_wrapper&view=wrapper&Itemid=77

Tofino's Pacific Sands resort blows the Wick Inn away.

Combine that with 2 of our 6 hr morning trips and you will get it all at a reasonable cost

Back