Hike in lake near Vancouver

Hi,

I am looking for a hike in lake to fish near Vancouver. I don't mind driving for a couple hours and then am up for a 3 or 4 hour hike. I'm not looking for the secret lake your grandfather told you about just a spot where a guy might hook a couple fish. I have spinning and fly gear available.

Thanks,

CNF

The hike is about an hour, but you could try Goose lake in Maple Ridge. There is an access trail behind the clubhouse of Golden Eagle golf course. Pretty sure you can still park in the course lot. The trailhead is behind the north east corner of the clubhouse.

There is another quite small lake, but very secluded in Mission. Hoover Lake. The trailhead is just west of the Mission Landfill off of Dewdney Trunk Road. The trail head is a couple of blocks west of the landfill on the north side of the road. The trails on the south side opposite are just walking trails around Hayward lake.

If you google map Goose Lake, Maple Ridge; and Hoover Lake, Mission, they will come up and you can get a fairly good idea as to where things are by my description.

The hike into Hoover is approx a 5-6 hour round trip I believe. Don't expect fishing to be stellar. They are small lakes but likely see very little pressure.

I can't be sure of shore access these days but any willing fisherman can make a cast of it I'm sure.

Cheers

Back