High Slack and Low Slack....

Seafever

Low slack seems to be preferred for Chinook it seems.....

How's your luck on high slacks?

Not as good as low?

About the same ?

Better?

I've had good results on high slacks......but guides I talk to say low is better....

Some times for me, a high outfishes a low.........

How about you?

For us it depends on where you're fishing as well as the sequences at certain times of day

I find this site is GREAT for predicting how fishy a tide will be.

http://www.tides4fishing.com/ca/british-columbia/langara-island

If I read that website correctly it seems to say that fishing is best when the tides are the largest(full & new moon) - which would be the complete opposite of what most experience. It also doesn't mention current speed that I could tell, which is what you really want to look at.

Slack is not when the tide reaches its maximum height, slack is when the current stops moving - if you pay attention to tide tables and not current tables you aren't seeing the whole picture.

Just noticed that full and no moon? I don't get how they calculated fishiness? Anyone else have another site like this (with maps, graphs, predictions?)

If I read that website correctly it seems to say that fishing is best when the tides are the largest(full & new moon) - which would be the complete opposite of what most experience. It also doesn't mention current speed that I could tell, which is what you really want to look at.

Slack is not when the tide reaches its maximum height, slack is when the current stops moving - if you pay attention to tide tables and not current tables you aren't seeing the whole picture.

I found that those 4 star days are probably for freshwater. Big tides on the full and new moons are no good for morning and day time fishing in the chuck.

Like others on this thread I like to consult the current tables first before planning where to fish. Most predictions in conventional tide guides are based on tidal observations obtained in the past from instruments which were located on wharfs and breakwaters all over coastal B.C. .Most of these sites are out of the full flow of the current which puts the tidal information obtained by this method subject to variability. The current tables are based on information from fast flowing sites and are more accurate at least in my humble opinion.

In my experience an individual area will fish better on a certain tide but not both. I find this especially true when fishing near structure or locations with strong tidal currents.

In general I'm a big fan of the end of the flood.... ;)

Tide runs make a big factor in some areas, in wide open offshore not so much
For example back in the day mooching @ Active, in tide or out would mean fish'n east opening or west. if U were not in the program = no percentage in luck

Kh

Depends on the spot for sure, we have some spots where high slack it is absolutely insanely good, then low slack it's also good but not nearly as productive...then few other spots nothing on high slack, and its bonkers on low slack...all location dependent.

Depends on the spot for sure, we have some spots where high slack it is absolutely insanely good, then low slack it's also good but not nearly as productive...then few other spots nothing on high slack, and its bonkers on low slack...all location dependent.

Amazed in the fishery U work in Seregeti
Fished it once, as beautiful as it is. You can easily work the wrong side of the rock as the tide changes

Kh

Back