Herring or anchovies and what size??

abbyfireguy

Another newbie question for all you Alberni pro's...
What bait do you prefer? Anchovies or herring and what size works the best in that area??
We will be going out as far as Broken Island Groups I think..
I'm going to brine them in the Salmon University recipe next Monday(Sept.3rd) and keep them on Ice for about 6 days after that total,we are fishing from 5th to 9th..I don't need to refreeze them do I??
I was thinking of doing 4 dozen,we are fishing three in my boat with two rods in the water at a time,I hope that is enough bait for three days fishing..(no stacked rods,haven't had much success at that.too many tangles.:(.)

Thanks

Be prepared, I have burnt through three trays of Anchovies when the Coho are hitting.... Striper Sniper

Be prepared, I have burnt through three trays of Anchovies when the Coho are hitting.... Striper Sniper

Not uncommon to go through 2 packs of anchovies a morning out in the Broken Islands, especially when the coho show up.I prefer the Rhys Davis 8 pack,i'll also use the 10 pack.Have some hootchies, mp16, and coyote spoons 4 inch green and white glow for back up.Also beware some times finding good bait can be a problem.Drop into the local tackle shops or the marina and ask about what is working the guys are usally pretty good about helping out,and it can save you A LOT of time.Getting dialed in,in the inlet can be tricky.Good Luck. DAN

Not uncommon to go through 2 packs of anchovies a morning out in the Broken Islands, especially when the coho show up.I prefer the Rhys Davis 8 pack,i'll also use the 10 pack.Have some hootchies, mp16, and coyote spoons 4 inch green and white glow for back up.Also beware some times finding good bait can be a problem.Drop into the local tackle shops or the marina and ask about what is working the guys are usally pretty good about helping out,and it can save you A LOT of time.Getting dialed in,in the inlet can be tricky.Good Luck. DAN

Back