'Herefishyfishy', spammer/phisher on board! Watch your PM's!!

Im getting smutt popups and bunch or **** on my browser that shouldnt be coming up, just my luck but my iphone was hooked to my laptop when i click on fishy fishy link and now it is sick too

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I opened the link Pippen post from my iPad and nothing is wrong with it or my iPhone. It's likely just got some to do with all the **** you watch well in the patch..... :) LOL

Im getting smutt popups and bunch or **** on my browser that shouldnt be coming up, just my luck but my iphone was hooked to my laptop when i click on fishy fishy link and now it is sick too 

Jeffy.....have a look on the app store for this. Was reading quickly this morning and this seems like one of the better ones to protect in a scenario such as yours.

http://www.intego.com/mac-virus-barrier-ios

It goes on your iOS device for those that connect regularly to your PC. It will help in such a scenario as somehow who plugs in quite a bit. My iPad is never connected to my PC so not worried about it.

There are also a few other ones on the App Store that you may want to research. There were about 8 for "iPad only" when I searched 'virus malware'; didn't look at them all cut CNET seems to give a decent review of the one above. It was also one of the first to come up in a Google for 'iOS malware virus removal' or something like that which I typed in.

Also.....you may already know this but on your PC load free versions of SuperAntiSpyware and Malware Bytes. Run 'complete' scans on your PC a few times with each and they may clear out that crap in there. I stress running multiple times each as you'd be surprised what it will pick up again a second or third time around when scanning.

My Dad who "CLAIMS" he is diligent about not clicking on crap.....the old "click first and ask questions later" mentality :rolleyes:, ALWAYS has garbage on his. I was just in Wpg.....and he had THREE different tool bars operating aside from Google Tool Bar....his home page was a 100% fake looking version of Google home page...among TONS of other sh*t. I ran both of the previous mentioned software pieces 3 times before it was all gone, not to mention having to go in and remove a rather large number of programs. Of course he looks at me and said "I didn't put that there??" as I am lecturing him. "Uh Dad....you didn't notice that about a quarter of your screen on Explorer is taken up by tool bars?" :p

Last edited by a moderator:
Yup the fake google looking page is a dead giveaway, that and the extra long web address in the address bar..

Took me a few hours but phone and laptop are addware,spyware&malware free, my iPhone i had to delete and restore the whole phone with all its contacts, my laptop i tried fixing with windows defender but no luck, ended up installing AVG and it caught all my issuses..

I got this email to but deleted it...

I am wondering if that is going on to me..My smartphone etc and my internet periodically will reroute and go to another site when I am trying to get on sfbc... I usually close it before it opens/popups. Another weird thing is lately I have come on , and someone has logged me out..

I have run spyware/virus scan etc and found nothing in my system or phone.

I got this email to but deleted it...

I am wondering if that is going on to me..My smartphone etc and my internet periodically will reroute and go to another site when I am trying to get on sfbc... I usually close it before it opens/popups. Another weird thing is lately I have come on , and someone has logged me out..

I have run spyware/virus scan etc and found nothing in my system or phone.

What spy/malware removal have you run? That type of symptom definitely sounds like some 'bad'-ware of some kind.

Is it always the same site you are redirected to? More of a pop up or a full new web page? Take note of the URL if you can next time.

You on an iPhone or Android? (Btw....Blackberry is the safest..never have had an issue in 10+ years ;) )

Windows or MAC and what is the browser you are using SV?

Yup blackberries are uncrackable, the problem came from fishyfishy, 32 threats detected and removed with AVG Antivirus , came directly from the post fishyfishy made...

Jeffy......not sure if you do or not but well worth it to run a secondary solutions as well. SuperAntiSpyware I personally feel is the best but when I run that AND Malware Bytes together some are picking up infected items or threats that the other isn't.

SuperAnti with the free version lets you set up scheduled scanning which I have mine set up to do once per week.

I have never run AVG but I have heard good AND bad things/stories about it. Only personal experience is my wife (again one of the "click first and ask questions later" mindset amongst the technically challenged) had AVG on her laptop a few years ago. She was bitching about how it was running for a few days and then I looked at it.....she got a WICKEDLY bad Trojan that disguised itself as Microsoft Security Software...looked somewhat legit but I noticed it right away. It compromised EVERYTHING and the laptop was turfed. I tried all sorts of online tutorials to get rid of it and nothing was working as I couldn't get control.......but regardless.....AVG let it in.

In saying that....not trashing it at all as I know MANY people who live and breathe by it. Basically just saying....don't rely on just one for ALL of your protection.

Just as an example.....I have McAfee, Microsoft Security Essentials, SuperAntiSpyware and Malwarebytes all running on my laptop. The McAfee was on it when I bought it so I just keep it but I think it is a stripped down version. Microsoft Security really should be all that you actually need for VIRUS protection if running Win7 or newer but I have found it is far from great with Malware as the aforementioned two tools catch 95% of mine.

Just a bit of friendly advice. ;)

I have heard you can run into issues with running more than 1 , it seems to be working now, Avg picked up stuff Microsoft essentials couldn't find so things are back to normal now, given the boat a bath but will check again later...

Last edited by a moderator:
Back