Hellooooo!!

Hey Manitoban, If you're still around Ucy in the next few, drop by the boat basin and look me up (evenings...maybe... if we stay in the South). I'll be on the troller Royal Quest, (ask for Matt) and just might be I can provide a tip or two.
Fishing has been slow for all in the South the last few. Not surprizing! Full moon = raging tides, and the springs have their noses right down in the mud. Not lazy really, just energy efficiency. Expect things to improve substantially in the next few. BTW: a tip I posted on another site for ya: Try the Luhr Jensen B2 squid in 5", glow with pink flecks and eyes - behind your favorite flasher slightly longer leader than standard hootchie for springers. Run it CLOSE to the floor. It will attract the attention of bigger springs on SouthBank, and hali just can't seem to resist! BTW, there's a little fuzzy ball at the base of the squid for a reason ;) Also that bank is loaded with needlefish (hint hint) as usual right now.

Good Luck & Tight Lines! Maybe see ya on the pond.

Hey Manitoban, If you're still around Ucy in the next few, drop by the boat basin and look me up (evenings...maybe... if we stay in the South). I'll be on the troller Royal Quest, (ask for Matt) and just might be I can provide a tip or two.
Fishing has been slow for all in the South the last few. Not surprizing! Full moon = raging tides, and the springs have their noses right down in the mud. Not lazy really, just energy efficiency. Expect things to improve substantially in the next few. BTW: a tip I posted on another site for ya: Try the Luhr Jensen B2 squid in 5", glow with pink flecks and eyes - behind your favorite flasher slightly longer leader than standard hootchie for springers. Run it CLOSE to the floor. It will attract the attention of bigger springs on SouthBank, and hali just can't seem to resist! BTW, there's a little fuzzy ball at the base of the squid for a reason ;) Also that bank is loaded with needlefish (hint hint) as usual right now.

Good Luck & Tight Lines! Maybe see ya on the pond.

Back