HDS 12 GPS issues

tains

Crew Member
Kind of hard to expalain. Parked the boat mid October. GPS worked great. Took the boat out recently and the GPS is out of wack. I have the direction line set at 1km and I run at heads up mode. When running in a northerly direction the direction line seems to be about 30 degrees out from the actual direction I'm running. When I turn and start heading south the direction line rotates but won't go past north and so everything is on the opposite side. Of the boat. Land according to the chart is on the right when it is actually on the left. I asked harbor chander and the guy on the phone said to calibrate the antenna. It is easy to follow the onscreen directions but the calibration always times out before it's calibrated. Not sure if I explained this very well but hoping someone knows the fix I tried google and you you tube but no luck.

Where is the antenna mounted? Anywhere near a magnetic field? Have you placed any magnetic or any high current electrical devices within 3' of the antenna? No amount of calibration will correct strong magnetic fields near the heading sensor.

Thanks for the reply. It's mounted in a good spot and has worked flawlessly for 3 years. Nothing new has been added near it.

I would back-up all (settings, trails, waypoints, etc) and first try a soft reset and if that does not work try a hard reset. A hard reset will wipe out all your info - so make sure you have everything backed up. If you need help with this look at the Lowrance website.

Kind of hard to expalain. Parked the boat mid October. GPS worked great. Took the boat out recently and the GPS is out of wack. I have the direction line set at 1km and I run at heads up mode. When running in a northerly direction the direction line seems to be about 30 degrees out from the actual direction I'm running. When I turn and start heading south the direction line rotates but won't go past north and so everything is on the opposite side. Of the boat. Land according to the chart is on the right when it is actually on the left. I asked harbor chander and the guy on the phone said to calibrate the antenna. It is easy to follow the onscreen directions but the calibration always times out before it's calibrated. Not sure if I explained this very well but hoping someone knows the fix I tried google and you you tube but no luck.

Don't know who y0u spoke to at Chandler but if you can talk to Moose and he'll get your worked out, I had problems with my nema2000 and with his help I got it worked out over the phone, while in my driveway in Richmond ..... Good luck !

Thanks. Moose gave me his contact info so will phone him in the next couple of days. It is a point 1 heading sensor.

Back