Happy 150 Canada!

SFBC

Admin
Staff member
The other day, I was trying to purge some of the stuff we have accumulated on the shelves and in the garage over the years and I came across a box that contained things my Mom had kept from my youth that I received when she passed a few years back. One of the items was a scrapbook from my first year of school in 1967 which featured Canada's Centennial celebrations on the cover. It got me thinking about a couple of things, the first being, where the hell did those 50 years go, and second, while certainly not perfect, Canada has been a great place to grow up in and call home. From my days as a young lad in Manitoba to my teen years in Southern Alberta and the last 30 some years living in this beautiful Pacific playground, I have enjoyed many adventures on land and sea, freedoms many in the world don't have and a lifestyle that has already provided me with a lifetime worth of memories that I hope will continue for many more years to come.
I thank all of you here who represent, and are Canada, for contributing in your own way in making this country what it is and I hope your memory bank is mostly filled with similar fond memories of her. I trust that in 50 years time, when I am likely be to be a distant memory, our kids will be able to look back with similar pride and joy for having grown up in Canada and that there children and grandchildren will still be enjoying the freedoms and bounty this amazing place we call home has to offer.
Happy Birthday Canada!

Brian

Well said, indeed.

I have a serious crush on Canada and specifically, British Columbia. I tried to emigrate there in 1977 and you guys wouldn't have me. Spo, to get even, I've spent every year since, often 5 to 6 times per, trying to sneak back in

I love the scenery and the attitude of the people that live there ---the folks I meet are as good as they get (and coming from me that's an anomaly because I'm a cranky old git who usually has scant nice things to say about my fellow humans....ha ha)

Happy B-Day, Canada----we love you!

Last edited:
Back