Halibut Seminar

Thanks Terry but I think the big cheers should go out to the people who have and who will buy tickets. They are the ones supporting the cause and making a sizable donation possible.

Chris...you will be happy to know that I'm working on getting a certain lady and friend who produce a "girls and gear" calender each year to come and help sell 50/50 tickets. If they are available I'm pretty sure there will be some calenders for sale in the pub afterwards.

230 tickets sold only 70 left. Has anyone heard the radio ads yet on the "Q"? I've been listening a bit today but haven't any. Supposed to be running this weekend and next.

I didn't catch it yesterday but heard it this afternoon. Thanks. Hopefully it is heard by those who haven't heard about the seminar yet and finishes off the few tickets left.

Good to hear. I haven't had any tickets to mail out for some time now so everyone that wanted tickets mailed should have their tickets by now.

Profisher

I heard a rumour that you're going to have a raffle at the seminar for possibly a pair of the new Scotty Down Riggers and ........

Good idea if the rumour is true. I guess the funds raised from the raffle will also go to help the hatchery. The more $$$$ raised the better for the hatchery and all of us fishermen/fisherwomen in the long run.

Tickets prices???

Halibut season should open in 1 days. Any chance?

By the look of the way things are going I would bet on the 17th of March as that is when the commercial guys will be able to start.

Just my guess

Here are the Tap House Specials for the seminar day. Also just confirmed that beer will be allowed during the seminar. That means I won't have to pay for as much coffee and tea!!!

img007.jpg

Just a suggestion if your going to have goodie bags again. Mabey tie them up tight and put one on every seat or something. I hope everyone got one at the salmon seminar. I was disappointed to see a few greedy guys grabbing 3-4 bags each. Thanks for putting these on raising money for a good cause.

No goody bags for this one. You can only hit up on the tackle guys so much, especially these days. One hundred people at the salmon seminar was a little easier to get something for everyone. 300 this time around is a lot to ask. There are still going to be some worthwhile handouts for everyone. An example: everyone will get a free adult pass for the Victoria Boat show that will be held the following weekend. Sherwood Marine is giving everyone a voucher for 10% off any boat engine servicing.

Heard from 2 different sources today that the halibut season will open March 1st. No other details until next week. 250 tickets sold only 50 to go.

269 tickets sold, only 31 left between the 3 tickets venues!!!

I've got a ticket that I can give someone a price on--my brother bought one and he is going to be out of town that
weekend. Pm me if you're interested.
T2

We are almost sold out. I have 4 tickets to mail out and there are now just 2 left at Island Outfitters (as of 5pm tonight), 3 left at Westshore Sportfishing and eagle Eye is sold out.

Would like to get tickets but live in vancouver , anyway to arrange tickets on line. Sounds like a great way to learn how to fish halibut and meet other anglers.

Would like to get tickets but live in vancouver , anyway to arrange tickets on line. Sounds like a great way to learn how to fish halibut and meet other anglers.

PM Profisher....ask to hold a ticket...mail cheque....recieve ticket via mail...how i received mine. And I am still offering a seat in my vehicle, making it a day trip. have room for 2. Myself and a buddy are attending. Any mainlanders interested can PM me

The guys that are organizing the 2nd annual Sooke Halibut Derby going March 17th will have tickets for sale at the seminar. Those proceeds are also destined for the Charters River Salmon Interpretive Centre and Hatchery.

So anyone without a ticket can get one at the door? I thought before you said the cap was 300 people is there going to be a limited number of tickets for sale at the door or are you prepared to go above the 300 mark?

Sounds like it is going to be a packed venue you must be excited all your hard work is coming together and the day is almost here!

Back