Halibut Seminar

I have consulted with people I know and they are dedicating the purchase of 10 tickets - total $350.

Profisher please dedicate the ten tickets to a give away draw of some kind that you decide will best suite the event. Some kind of predraw deal...you figure it out.

None the less you now have ten ticket less to sell.

DHA.

You know where I am, contact me as the money is waiting for you. :)

Right on Rob!!!! Very cool:cool:.

Thanks Rob...I'll have to give this some thought as to how best use them. Maybe phone the radio station and get some free air time for some kind of goofy phone in contest. I'll talk to Ward or Darren at Outfitters as they have a good relationship with the Q...see what we can do. Thanks again!!!! Will get in touch.

That is about $20.00 cheaper than what I was quoted for those attending the seminar. You must have some good friends there. Maybe you should get the dinner deal too!!! I'm still waiting to hear what they are going to offer those of us who head over to the pub afterwards. Most people have giving me a phone number over an email address so they will have to hear about the room rate through here. An email would have been easy to send out, phoning not so much. I haven't been around the ticket venues for a few days but we must be over 175 tickets sold.
Probably helps that our company just took out a corporate account with them, but it IS also a group rate which may or may not be possible for any group of size. Without 10, they will have to pay the regular quoted rate I assume. I'll send a text to Claire at the Taphouse and see what she can do for dinner as well...at the very least, I'll get the pulled pork, perogie, bacon, & cheese burger on a special list - that creation seriously kicks arse but it's only a special.

Seems appropriate that the guy with all the "pull" can get a deal on a "pulled" pork meal! ;) Appreciate any help in making this day as good as it can be for those attending. Maybe the guy with all the "bull" can get a "beef" dinner deal. Wanna try Holmsey? ;)

I'll leave that one alone me thinks...lol Put in the good word and they are going to get together mid week next week and figure out what they can put together for you guys...pubs usually listen when you suggest 200+ hungry and thirsty fisherman will be looking for a place to hang, so can you provide some incentive!

That is slant I went with when I talked to the manager of the pub. Put together some meal/bevy deals that will entice many of the 200 to wonder down into the pub afterwards.

Anyone wanting a custom built anchor system built for them to take home after the seminar can contact Trevor at Trotac Marine. They will give you a seminar discount on the system. You can discuss your requirements by either email or by calling. trevor@trotac.ca or 250-385-2341. These take about 1.5 hours to put together so if you want one to take with you Trevor needs to build them prior to the seminar. He will bring the completed setups to the seminar.

Hey Pro - maybe sell out on tickets, but then offer the anchor set up on a draw...either way the $350 has been raised for your cause, I only wish more individuals would step up and help you out.

Robert.

I sent you a pm Rob, a couple days ago after you posted that. I'll add to your lead. Anyone can help out if they would like to. Door prizes will always be appreciated by those attending. BTW 181 tickets sold including yours Rob.

@profisher
just checked PM - there are folks from Nanaimo and areas who I know coming down, I will ask regarding your request.

C'om on people jump up and dedicate your effort and funds to this good cause...I also do my best for the Nanaimo river fish hatchery...If i can do something to make a difference so the **** can you!!

Robert,
DHA.

Thanks Rob, but lets not pressure anyone. There are lots of good causes out there and I'm sure most people are giving back somewhere. Some want to help kids, others the homeless, others environmental issues etc etc. It is always more gratifying as a charitable organizer to get donations from people who give without being asked to give. Obviously you have to ask as well or you will fall short of your goals. Rob, you obviously have a strong desire to see our salmon return to healthy numbers one day (as do I) and you are willing to give to see that happen. You have given without being asked and for that I and the fish are very grateful.

Some good news, the "Q" has offered up a free spot for a week of air time to promote seminar ticket sales. Should have something done for around the end of the month/first week of Feb. DC Reid will also have something in the Times Colonist about the same time. There ya go Rob, your not alone! ;)

I may be interested in a set up but i am heading to Cabo right after this. I hope i can just order one at the seminar to pick up later.

Anyone wanting a custom built anchor system built for them to take home after the seminar can contact Trevor at Trotac Marine. They will give you a seminar discount on the system. You can discuss your requirements by either email or by calling. trevor@trotac.ca or 250-385-2341. These take about 1.5 hours to put together so if you want one to take with you Trevor needs to build them prior to the seminar. He will bring the completed setups to the seminar.

Hey rollie the number is 250-386-2341 not a 5.
And Yes Trev does the best splicing ever and not saying because he is a good bud of mine who I hunt and fish with lots LOL LOL

Wolf

Thanks Roy, never noticed, must have been my fat fingers hitting the wrong key. Have heard back from the manager of the Tap House Pub. Breakfast special for seminar ticket holders is a Canadian breakfast for $7.99, eggs , bacon, hashbrowns and toast. Another special for after the seminar is 1/2 price appys, $4.50 domestic bottles (beer) and a great burger and side for $8.99.

Sorry Holmes couldn't resist. ;)

Very interested in this please send me a pm regarding where to get tickets. Blocked off on calendar and ready to learn. :)

Poe, pm sent

We officially went over the 200 tickets sold today and sit at 202. I thought I better talk to my contact at the hotel to find out the rooms max capacity. They are allowed 500 people in that room, so it is a big room. We both decided that 300 would be the maximum we would allow as there are 2 large pillars that would block the view of the anyone seated in the rear portion of the room. I feel very comfortable that we will easily hit 250 but now have my fingers crossed to hit the magic 300 number. I was out today gathering up more door prizes and have also secured a 2nd raffle prize...hint..it involves suitcases!!!

THREE CHEERS FOR ROLLY: HIP-HIP-HOORAY! HIP-HIP-HOORAY! HIP-HIP-HOORAY!

Good on ya dude!

Back