Halibut Seminar

Got my ticket, thanks for the prompt mailing Rollie! See you all at the event, I look forward to it!

just try and keep me away, I'm pretty sure there are a few tricks I could learn, especially about anchoring. Last time I tried anchoring it wasn't a pleasant experience, maybe too much current or too small of a boat. And it looks like I might need to get my hali early again too, I better plan on emptying the freezer a bit earlier than usual.

This is a bonus way for me to donate to help out the interpretive center, they get some funds and I get some fun. I bought a couple extra tickets to give for Christmas presents too.

Great to hear Buddy. I'm looking forward to attending this seminar

Good to hear everyone is getting their tickets back quickly. This is becoming a little unbelievable. We have people now coming from Arizona, Seattle, Alberta, Vancouver and everywhere on the Island. Impressive.

expertfisher..pm sent

Good to hear everyone is getting their tickets back quickly. This is becoming a little unbelievable. We have people now coming from Arizona, Seattle, Alberta, Vancouver and everywhere on the Island. Impressive.

I hear the butts in arizona and alberta are big!

That is a good question. Yes cash only. They won't allow you to use your credit card because that would be a cost they would have to bear. Which is understandable. We accepted a few cheques for the Sooke halibut derby this spring and got burned by someone who had no funds and no current contact info on the cheque. Some people ruin it for the rest.

Profisher - Is there any chance the halibut seminar will be recorded (dvd, etc.) for those of us that can't attend? Sounds like valuable information and possibly some of the people attending would want to buy one too as a reference. I'd be happy to buy one.

I'm going to try and get someone to record this one.

Why not put the seminar on a cd or DVD and burn it when a request comes in. Net proceeds to project.

Rollie

Its paul from Vancouver I pm you I wont be home until the 18 leaving tommorrow,if you could call me tonight Ill get you a cheque asap thanks...

Videos are great for this type of thing. I would actually prefer to have a video that I could pause and
Make notes of or replay if I didn't catch something first time around. Also could share video with all my fishing friends who are less motivated to pay $35 and burn a Saturday afternoon. I personally want to attend to meet some more south island fishers, as well as learn stuff. What do you think
You would charge for DVD or access to video online Rollie? Would you offer it for free to guys that attended the seminar?

I would charge a nominal fee to cover costs for those at the seminar to have a copy to take home. Those who didn't attend would pay more as their contribution to the charity.

BTW we are at the 50 tickets sold mark. Still a couple of days before the public sale of tickets begin.

I have left a voice mail with my contact at the hotel over a week ago asking her to get back with room rates for those who need them. No return call yet. I will try and light a fire under her &ss next week and get some kind of quote to pass on. Just wanted you guys to know I haven't forgotten.

Sixty tickets sold in a week and a half. The goal is at least 100 by Christmas then the other 100 afterwards.

I've heard back from the Sheraton Hotel for room rates for anyone who will need to stay overnight. Rachelle Laforge the front desk manager has quota me $101.15 for a room with one or two queen beds and $116.15 for king. I haven't checked around to see how that compares with what is being offed at other hotels during the off season. If you plan on joining us in the pub after the seminar it would be the best option for not having to drive or get a taxi back to another hotel.

Back