Halibut fishing near Sidney

manicmoose

Well my hope to go for some halibut last week out by the Broken island group didn't go as hoped, we ended up going after Springs instead, so I at least have some salmon to go home with now. Are there any good spots around Sidney/Salt Spring for trying for hali? I know of spots for rock s and lings but I am green when it comes to hali in this area. We are coming out of the Cobblehill/Mill Bay area.

Anyone willing to share some advice?

Thanks in advance.

Well my hope to go for some halibut last week out by the Broken island group didn't go as hoped, we ended up going after Springs instead, so I at least have some salmon to go home with now. Are there any good spots around Sidney/Salt Spring for trying for hali? I know of spots for rock s and lings but I am green when it comes to hali in this area. We are coming out of the Cobblehill/Mill Bay area.

Anyone willing to share some advice?

Thanks in advance.

Halibut fishing near Sidney can be good.
We have found the best area near and around Zero Rock over to Kelp Reef all the way down to Chatham Island
180 to 220' BUT if you use bait now you will not be able to keep the dog fish off.
Best time is February thru May
Good luck

Thanks, ya the dogfish and I have made friends a few times. We just put the boat back in tonight, so we will see how it goes :)

Back