Halibut fishermen in Alberta?? MPs learning there are!!

T

tofinofish

This came to me from an Alberta collegue today. Great Job to wake them up!

"I got a phone call today from my local MP's office, regarding the hand-written letter I sent him about my displeasure with the DFO handling of the halibut issue.
He didn't understand why his land-locked, Alberta constituency was getting so many angry calls over this issue!! He said that since I had taken the trouble to hand write and (gasp) mail a letter to my MP, he called me to find out what everyone is so upset about. I gave him both barrels for about 20 minutes. My strongest suggestion was for him to make a point of discussing the ministers recent b.s. announcement with Dr. James Lunney, and making up his own mind whether or not Canadians are getting shafted.

Anyways, just so you know, our Alberta MP is feeling the heat.!!!"

A.W.

Clearly, Albertan's with all that oil money making them top-heavy are a good chunk of our Guide-business on the Coast. Good post Shawn.

I am busy rattling chains here in Fort McMurray, they will not get off with-out an earfull.

I have made my clients in Sask. well aware of the halibut issue as well. There will be a cool flow of letters from that province starting towards Ottawa shortly.

Back