Halibut: Bad News

Im pretty sure you told us all to f@$#!%k our selves when you rammed this regulation down our throats. You also tell us go **** our selves everytime we ask a question and you yell at us to "get involved!!!" "blow us we've been doing this for years, what the f@$@k do you know". "sit down anD shut the f$*!@%&K UP" And we are the people that fill your boats. **** on us. We love it.

I just ment you.

Bang on Ken, his words are clear, no backing outta that.

Been a member of this site a long time, and this **** is getting right stupid, mostly from fairly new members. Alot balls calling a guy like Ken in it for the money, He is a true long standing ammbasador to recreational fishing. Who the F are you to judge? You spit in all our faces when you spit in his, guide or not.

Get a grip, Candor? Common, can think of a better word but will hold my tongue.

I am done. Time to refocus my time with people that matter

Lorne

reap-what-you-sow-karma-kindness-love-reap-demotivational-poster-1284121966.jpg

Lorne, as you are so jealous of the guiding lifestyle and think that guys with big boats are just living a glorious life I will share some numbers with you. Hope it will releave some of that burning envious pain you suffer from.
My big bad butt boat was purchased to save my 23+ year guiding career. Age and too much good living has caught up to me and resulted in spinal wear. If my occupation was a backho opperator than after 32 years I or anybody would be looking for a bigger more comfortable machine to conclude thier careers with. I'm a fisherman so this is where I am now. After April 1st my annual business expenses will be $60000+ to offer saltwater fishing. Boat payments, engine lease payments, moorage, fuel, maintenance, repairs, thieft, tackle.......the list is endless. Although you may think after looking at my boat that I have some posh acerage inhereted from family or something but I don't. Morgage payments of $1300 for my trailer on a half acre for the rest of my life. This doesn't count for any other money that I may need to live with, hydro to heat my home, truck gas or repairs, new roof need for the house...ect. Are you getting a grasp on the expenses that a guide has to live with. Combine this with suppressed economy, the fact that dfo and moe can close my doors to business at any day, inflation, waiting for the phone to ring and guiding isn't so appealing is it. Oh and try fresh water guiding to fill the off season where moe does whatever they can to make you don't catch too many fish! They bait ban or close every good sport fishery and perfer fly flossing. Trying to sell charters for fresh water fishing isn't all that easy. Now just imagine yourself as a guide. Imagine you are guiding anglers from the interior that that save all year to come out to fish salmon and halibut with you for the last 10 years. Lets say they come in august because they are farmers and this is the only free month of thier busy scheduels. How are you feeling now knowing that you are going to have to tell them that they cant keep halibut because all the fish were caught and harvested earlier in the season. Maybe you arent even on the water because your long time guests cancelled in may because halibut was going to be closed in august and may never be back. How do you feel now as you think about all your bills and are now possibly loosing all your profit for the season?
Are you starting to feel some relief yet? You don't need to suffer so bad. A guides lifestyle isn't all that glamorous, honest!

Lorne what is it that you do for a living?

Hey Lorne dont bother P.M.ing me. Not interested in any "back door" discussion with you. Would rather keep any of our discussion open and up front where I and everyone can see you. I know you are not sorry. I'm sure deep down in side you there is a good guy but Jealousy has taken over turning you into a total goof. Thats how I feel and I don't mind if the whole world hears about it. I won't be retracting my past threads as you request because I ment it.
You campaign that the guides have rammed this slot limmit down you throat is so self centered. Oh well I guess I should understand. You are sick

Can you imagine getting an 18 lb. halibut on the first day of a two day hali derby. Maybe the next step is barbless hooks. IMO, the number of weigh-ins will be down dramatically, given the second fish must be under 15 lbs.

Hey Lorne dont bother P.M.ing me. Not interested in any "back door" discussion with you. Would rather keep any of our discussion open and up front where I and everyone can see you. I know you are not sorry. I'm sure deep down in side you there is a good guy but Jealousy has taken over turning you into a total goof. Thats how I feel and I don't mind if the whole world hears about it. I won't be retracting my past threads as you request because I ment it.
You campaign that the guides have rammed this slot limmit down you throat is so self centered. Oh well I guess I should understand. You are sick

Im the bigger man, thats why i pm'd you.

I hope everyone reads through the lines on your posts. Its all in there.

Lorne

Just do me a favour, dont put words in my mouth. Im not against guides or guiding. I am against liars and lying. Regardless of your profession. I WILL CONTINUE TO STAND UP FOR WHAT I BELIEVE IN.

Never underestimate the power of a small group of people to change the world. In fact, it is the only way it ever has." Margaret Mead

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey lorne get your facts straight!Why would fishmyster waste his time with a piddly 30fter and 3 250's?How bout 38ft and 3 300's!The same size as your mouth !

Ladies and Gentlemen.

While I appreciate the passion that you all have for the sport of fishing and especially for this topic, I need to remind some of you that it is time to tone down the language and personal tone in a few of the posts of late. While we expect people to have different points of view on any given topic, it is important to treat each other with respect and maintain decorum at ALL TIMES when posting here. If you feel it is necesary to take your comments to a personal level, please do just that, and keep it personal via a PM on this forum or via your own personal email. People generally come to this froum to trade thoughts and ideas not to watch people have a personal interaction involving name calling and foul language. I know you all have a well meaning purpose when you sit down to type your thoughts. Please keep that in mind before hitting the enter key in the future.

The thread has run its course. And stopped being productive alot of pages ago. And i had alot to do with that.

I am good if you delete it all together if others are. Id like to see an end to all of the negative halibut bs. Ive more then made my point. But im also good if it stays.

40 pages and 14000 views .

Lorne

I'm sorry I snapped. Feeling much better now though.
Ladies and Gentlemen.

While I appreciate the passion that you all have for the sport of fishing and especially for this topic, I need to remind some of you that it is time to tone down the language and personal tone in a few of the posts of late. While we expect people to have different points of view on any given topic, it is important to treat each other with respect and maintain decorum at ALL TIMES when posting here. If you feel it is necesary to take your comments to a personal level, please do just that, and keep it personal via a PM on this forum or via your own personal email. People generally come to this froum to trade thoughts and ideas not to watch people have a personal interaction involving name calling and foul language. I know you all have a well meaning purpose when you sit down to type your thoughts. Please keep that in mind before hitting the enter key in the future.

Exactly homes,not all our guests are about kill,kill kill, most come for the expierence, catching is the bonus,some people are loosing site of the essence of the (SPORT)

I hope you guys understand that all the frozen fish used in the winter is US caught fish as all canadian fish goes to the fresh market

I was informed that there was lots of frozen leftover quota in Vancouver last fall, that drove the price down, causing the late season LL guys to not fish remaining quota? Who knows what to believe... Whole thing is a mess, time to just shut up and fish for me.

Maybe DFO could tweak the formula so 1/2 commies catch is under 15 lbs.

Back