Hakai Reports

C

Calgary Guy

Well my wonderful wife has agreed to come along on my final trip of the year. OBMG has rolled out the red carpet for her. I am very excited to have her first trip with this company. Mr Wright has personaly given us his suite on the Marabell and has asked that she be well taken care of. I can’t imagine a higher level of service than what I have received in the past, but I know if past experiences mean any thing she will be most pleased.
We leave on the 16 for Hakai, spend the day in Vancouver and leave bright and early the next AM. It's seems I haven’t seen my wife in months and this might be the perfect setting to spend some time together.

Has anyone heard how the fishing is so far this year? I am praying some of those fish we released in Rupert at the beginning of the month will have made there way down by then.

I picked up some gear to use and am really looking forward to trying it out. The Islander is working great, the (2) Deep six look like they will be some fun and plenty of Spoons and plugs to round things out.

Since we will have a full day in Vancouver, can anyone recommend the BEST fishing shop to stop by? We will be renting a car, so we can drive a bit.

Thanks
Calgary Guy

use the gear that the staff show you to use while you are there. Nothing can beat local knowledge. Having sid this do take you islander. Hakai is a beutiful place lots of islands and beaches to see. If you wnat to goto a takle shop go to Berry's bait and Tackle on Westminister Hwy.

Richard

Even.
I hear the Pinks are bad, and I dont wat to sit there and cut bait all day.... [xx(]

I am planning on trying to usuall cut plug at first, but I will be ready with some curve balls if that fails to produce.

As it was told to me, the reason "Self guided" lodges use Herring and not tackle is the fact Herring is so much cheaper than gear.
A lodge coudnt stay in Biz for to long if they had to keep buying all that stuff.

Calgary Guy

Back