Gun Registry vote coming up

Cuba Libre

I know a lot of us do hunt and shoot for sport, so this request for support to fight the gun registry is not out of line

quote:proponents of the wasteful long-gun registry are working overtime. We need your urgent support to fight back.

A private member’s bill (C-391) to end the wasteful long-gun registry passed second reading in Parliament last November thanks in part to the votes of eight brave Liberal MPs who voted in support of the bill. Now their boss Michael Ignatieff wants their votes back. He’s told them to change their final vote in third reading – and support keeping the wasteful long-gun registry -- or face discipline.

What’s worse? Party discipline or the wasteful long-gun registry?

1. Click here to e-mail Liberal Leader Michael Ignatieff and tell him to allow his MPs to answer to their constituents, NOT party bosses! He allowed his caucus a free vote in November, why the change now?

2. Below are the eight Liberal MPs who voted to end the long-gun registry last November. Click here to send them a supportive e-mail and tell them that if they can’t vote to get rid of the long-gun registry, they should not vote at all.

•Scott Andrews - Andrews.S@parl.gc.ca
•Larry Bagnell - BagneLL@parl.gc.ca
•Jean-Claude D'Amours - DamouJ@parl.gc.ca
•Wayne Easter - EasteW@parl.gc.ca
•Keith Martin - MartiK@parl.gc.ca
•Anthony Rota - RotaA@parl.gc.ca
•Todd Russell - RusseT@parl.gc.ca
•Scott Simms - SimmsSc@parl.gc.ca
Let's get to work. Let’s make our voices heard!

-Kevin, Troy, Lee and the rest of the CTF team

Intruder2-2.jpg

20ft Alumaweld Intruder

Done!

Done!

"Some could care less if there's any fish left for our kids!"

Yup-- have been trying for a while to get the admin to change my old email.. try <dirt432000@yahoo.ca> I have a look at that one every now and then!! :D

Intruder2-2.jpg

20ft Alumaweld Intruder

Received a prompt reply from Martin.
Regardless that my father is RCMP Ret., I don't by the idea that we need the registry in order that the cops have a 'heads-up' on what sort of situation they are going into. The RCMP undergo 6-months of intensive training and a great part of that training is to be alert and expect the unexpected - at all times!

My note and Martin's reply below...

Dear MP's,

As a life long hunter & outdoorsman I just wanted to take a moment to thank each of you for showing some pluck calling the Long-gun Registry for what it is: a monumental waste of time & money.

How many lives has it saved? How many lives would the TWO-BILLION or more spent thus far have saved if it were used to:

1) Put more cops on the street?
2) Put more cops on cross-border gun-trafficking?
3) Increase funding for reducing wait-times for critical surgery's?
4) Increase funding to help the homeless and people with addiction or mental-health issues?
5) Increase police presence at busy intersections?
6) Improve night-time lighting at pedestrian cross-walks?

I could go on forever but I believe you get my drift.

Stay the course - PLEASE!

Thank you all for your time and trouble.

Terry Anderson

Victoria, BC

Thank you for writing to me on the long-gun registry and Bill C-391. I have had a number of discussions about this with the leadership of my party, which has agreed to put together a plan to improve the gun registry by eliminating registration fees, not making it a criminal offence for people who forget to register, streamlining registration forms, etc. This will be released shortly.

I voted in favour of Bill C-391 during its second reading in the House so that it could be assessed in committee. This allowed representatives of police associations, public safety experts, victim's organisations, and gun users to voice their views on this important issue. During this process, the police have clearly stated that they need the registry for their protection. Although we know that law-abiding gun owners are not the problem, and that the registry was a well-intentioned but deeply misguided response to the murders at l'École Polytechnique in Montreal, I will not block something the police feel they need for their safety as they put their lives on the line for us every day. I will always support what our police say they need for their protection. It is for this reason I will be voting against this bill.

On the matter of whipped votes, please rest assured I have a long track record of supporting the wishes of my constituents in the House of Commons over the wishes of my party.

Sincerely,

Dr. Keith Martin, P.C., M.P.
Member of Parliament for Esquimalt - Juan de Fuca
www.keithmartin.org<http://www.keithmartin.org>

quote:Originally posted by Little Hawk

Received a prompt reply from Martin.
Regardless that my father is RCMP Ret., I don't by the idea that we need the registry in order that the cops have a 'heads-up' on what sort of situation they are going into. The RCMP undergo 6-months of intensive training and a great part of that training is to be alert and expect the unexpected - at all times!

My note and Martin's reply below...

Dear MP's,

As a life long hunter & outdoorsman I just wanted to take a moment to thank each of you for showing some pluck calling the Long-gun Registry for what it is: a monumental waste of time & money.

How many lives has it saved? How many lives would the TWO-BILLION or more spent thus far have saved if it were used to:

1) Put more cops on the street?
2) Put more cops on cross-border gun-trafficking?
3) Increase funding for reducing wait-times for critical surgery's?
4) Increase funding to help the homeless and people with addiction or mental-health issues?
5) Increase police presence at busy intersections?
6) Improve night-time lighting at pedestrian cross-walks?

I could go on forever but I believe you get my drift.

Stay the course - PLEASE!

Thank you all for your time and trouble.

Terry Anderson

Victoria, BC

Thank you for writing to me on the long-gun registry and Bill C-391. I have had a number of discussions about this with the leadership of my party, which has agreed to put together a plan to improve the gun registry by eliminating registration fees, not making it a criminal offence for people who forget to register, streamlining registration forms, etc. This will be released shortly.

I voted in favour of Bill C-391 during its second reading in the House so that it could be assessed in committee. This allowed representatives of police associations, public safety experts, victim's organisations, and gun users to voice their views on this important issue. During this process, the police have clearly stated that they need the registry for their protection. Although we know that law-abiding gun owners are not the problem, and that the registry was a well-intentioned but deeply misguided response to the murders at l'École Polytechnique in Montreal, I will not block something the police feel they need for their safety as they put their lives on the line for us every day. I will always support what our police say they need for their protection. It is for this reason I will be voting against this bill.

On the matter of whipped votes, please rest assured I have a long track record of supporting the wishes of my constituents in the House of Commons over the wishes of my party.

Sincerely,

Dr. Keith Martin, P.C., M.P.
Member of Parliament for Esquimalt - Juan de Fuca
www.keithmartin.org<http://www.keithmartin.org>

Typical Politico crap spewed forth by someone who just wants the Golden Handshake.

I am not sure who is charged to reg a gun, but I have not been charged since it all started and I have bought and sold a few guns in that time. Streamlining a system that is is pretty simple already. Phone in the info for your gun, they send you a reg card. If it is a transfer, it's a simple call and 5 min on the phone. Not sure about how streamlining will help legal gun owners, as it is the REGISTRATION OF THE GUN that is an infringement, not the process.

And I guess all the bad guys reg their guns, so that will help the police. I understand the guys going to a Domestic will be able to see if the homeowners have guns, but that is the only benefit I see. All the other stuff really is just smoke and mirrors.

He will follow his boss because he does not want to lose his million dollar pension. Plain and simple.

Cheers

SS

Fishing08018-1.jpg

I called Keith Martin's Office to express my concern about his flip flop on the Long gun registry issue. On another matter I also advise that it would have been good if he had shown up at the April 14th Victoria Sport Fishing Advisory Meeting to Support all of his constituents who are very concerned about DFO’s management of our salt water fishery.

Back