Grounding aluminum boat

slaydown

Hey guys,
I searched through old posts and I think I am ok but just to be safe I thought I would ask. I just rewired my boat and added a negative bus bar. The schematic says to run a ground wire from it. My boat is aluminum and I am running the blue sea system. I thought that since both of my outboards are grounded to the bus bar and the anodes on the motor that I am grounded. Some information says to run a ground right to the hull and some say not to. Any input is appreciated

Hey guys,
I searched through old posts and I think I am ok but just to be safe I thought I would ask. I just rewired my boat and added a negative bus bar. The schematic says to run a ground wire from it. My boat is aluminum and I am running the blue sea system. I thought that since both of my outboards are grounded to the bus bar and the anodes on the motor that I am grounded. Some information says to run a ground right to the hull and some say not to. Any input is appreciated
Sorry also forgot I just noticed a hairline crack in my key, anybody know a good place to get a replacement

If your key is for outboards any dealer that handles that make should have them,their numbered.Not an aluminum guy,so can't help with main question.

Hey guys,
I would run a #10 wire to the hull.

The anodes are in the water, right. they are bolted to the hull.
put the wire btw the negative buss and the hull structure, inside the boat.
or put a wire in the water btw anode and motors?

Well I just spoke to the rep at blue sea and he said the outboards (main & kicker) are sufficient for grounding as long as they have good anodes. Thanks for any replies.

Back