grady white 218

I'm 6 ft.2" and have plenty of room to sleep in my 208 and I think the 228 has the same size cuddy.The 235 Gulfstream is a great boat,but I wouldn't think it would be much easier to launch than your 28,but maybe.I launched my 2470 Pursuit myself,but wouldn't do it on a daily basis.It can be hard to find the perfect compromise between easy trailering and a big enough boat.I'm happiest with mine at a dock 90% of the time (spring and summer only) and ocassionally trailering to other area's.

I haven't seen if Grady is still making a 228 or new model,but the 218 would have been great without the integral swimstep.I'm sure the 6" added to the width makes quite a difference to the interior room.I think they should have made the 218 with a full width pod style (motor and kicker beside each other and full height transom like the 228.

It appears to be the same hull mold as the 215 Grady freedom which has been out for a few years, added a different cuddy superstructure to make another model using an existing mold is my guess. Reminds me of the Scout Abaco 222/ Dorado 222 sharing the same hull mold but different superstructure, modern style single engine southern coast rigs. The 228, 232 seafarer/gulfstream definitely suited to our coast and stood the test of time.

Regarding kicker mount, I had a similar challenge and mounted what was essentially a stainless steel receiver and fabbed up a kicker mount that I could put on on or off by sliding in the receiver and locked in with a pin. I used a tiller extension to control it. Not perfect but did a decent job.

Back