Global Cooling Coming Soon?.....

E/man:-

Subject:- Qualifications

In claim CA118 they respond that actual qualifications don't count for much basically......

That's it more about "what the world says" and peer review.

This can be demonstrated in the case of Richard Leaky, of course, who dropped out of school and then later got his grade 12 simply to keep up with his wife.

Much much later on he ends up as a professor at a prestigious university, but never academically progressed beyond the grade 12 standing.

Quite a self promotor in real life, he can thank the Kenyans in large part for their endorsement of his talents and "appointments" at a certain period.

You're right , Darwin was not a paleontologist per se, but he ties into the whole concept of earlier exploration on other continents.

Naturalists, Paleontologists, Evolutionists, Tree-of-Lifers......none of the apples fall too far from the shopping cart. Many are interconnected in their global quest.

E/man:-

Afrasia

you mean this?

read:

http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2012/06/120604155705.htm

They by their own admission have quite some difficulty figuring out how it made the journey to Africa.

Last paragraph:- "Afrasia may not be the anthropoid who actually committed the act, but it is definitely on our short list of suspects"

and

"for decades , scientists thought that anthropoid evolution was rooted in Africa"......(taught as fact in schooltexts for decades)

but

"For years we thought the African fossil record was simply bad".......( oops...scrap the school textbooks)

and

" Not only does Afrasia help seal the case that anthropoids first evolved in Asia, it also tells us when our anthropoidal ancestors first made their way to Africa"

But they by their own admission can't factually connect the two by migration...........so ....good old speculation.

Last edited by a moderator:
E/man.......I agree that facets of religious dogma are questionable.

The 15 Apocryphal books (or "add-on books" to the Bible) were in large part dismissed by the early clergy as toal b.s., lies and flights of imagination.

Didn't stop the RC church from adopting them in 1546 as "fact" into their modern doctrines.

And...the "add-on" Book of Mormon which claims that the American Indian is really a longlost Jewish tribe. The reason for the dark skin color is because they are cursed by God for their previous doings.

Lamanites (Indians ) were once decribed by them as "filthy".

Lately they have *cough* "corrected" some of their text to jibe with modern scientific research. And they also pulled the "filthy" references from their texts to a kinder gentler description which still implies the same thing but in a nice way.

Dave H.....I don't get your "Osmium" referrence...

oh by the way.....in answer to your question "When was the term OCD Nutcase first coined?"

It was first coined in Campbell River in 1907 in regard to a recent settler there named Evin Rood, who could be seen at all hours of the day in any season rowing around the waters off Tyee Spit with a crudely shaped Cedar plug trailing from a fishing pole.

He would often yell incoherently " za big fish are heeah...I know zis and I vill catch vone..you see if I don't...yah...zey are here all right..."
Although he never caught a single fish in the entire 13 years he did it.

Mimickers and followers of Rood are also known by this term nowadays........as well as out-of-control-tacklehoarders and anyone who spends more than 25% of their income on their boat.....

I didn't think you would get my "Osmium" reference given your ignorance of science et al but perhaps others got it and I don't like being any more unkind towards you than I've been already so I'll refrain from explaining it to you any further.
Let's see if you can figure it out first.

Take care.

When I was getting my education Science was the subject I always got straight A's in......

I don't go to church currently and I am not a member of any religious organization....although in the past I have been substantially involved with a number of them.

Archaeopteryx ( nail-in-the-coffin bird-dinosaur) faked?

I suppose because of the site name it will be regarded as utter rubbish........but you can read the content for yourself.

http://www.trueorigin.org/ng_ap01.asp

Dave H:-

I get that Osmium ( a naturally occuring metal alloy) has been used at times for geological dating.

So has Potassium-Argon...and Argon-Argon................both of which have a couple of caveats and inherent problems linked to them.

Dave H:-

I get that Osmium ( a naturally occuring metal alloy) has been used at times for geological dating.

So has Potassium-Argon...and Argon-Argon................both of which have a couple of caveats and inherent problems linked to them.

Nope.

Check out it's most famous property for the answer.................should you really want it.

Take care.

Dave H...yes I see that Osmium is used for making fountain-pen tips...a killer "app" indeed.......

Archaeopteryx:- proves the "feather' link for dinosaurs/birds

In this article Dr Dave Hone attempts to link it all together featherwise using the words "possibly" and "maybe" more times than you can shake a stick at.........while admitting in parts of the article that he doesn't even want to use the word "feathers".......

http://www.theguardian.com/science/lost-worlds/2013/jun/10/dinosaurs-fossils

and closes with:- "just because we can't see feathers in,or on,dinosaur skin doesn't mean they weren't there"

I suppose this will be dismissed as well because it's from a Creationist site........

http://www.6000years.org/frame.php?page=hoaxes

Actually it will be dismissed because it's abject bullcrap, as has been virtually everything you've posted in this train wreck of a thread.

You are either trolling on behalf of someone or you are the densest person on the planet.

(Osmium is the densest element. Get it now?)

You use all the tactics that people with no valid points use, Gish gallop, false equivalencies, mis-quotes, half-quotes, strawman creations, sources with no scientific validity whatsoever and you seem unable to understand the most basic aspects of science and how it works. Instead of dealing with data you prefer listening to the babbling fool school of deniers and their wholly untrue BS.

I think it was Plato who said:

"We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark; the real tragedy is when men are afraid of the light."

Grow up.

Take care.

Will do......

Waddyaknow....this just in the news today...meteorologist cries and gives up flying.....

http://www.torontosun.com?2013/09/28/climate-change-report-leads-meteorologist-to-stop-flying

Enough with your insinuation that climate change is false.
You are being a modern day fossil that walks and talks
Perhaps you should stop getting your science news/views from crap like the Sun Chain of media.
If you were smart you would seek out views from people with "skin in the game"
Check out what the insurance industry says about climate change.
You know the guys that fork out the dough when things go bad.
These guy's are not stupid like the sun "reporters"
You know they need to be able to forecast and set insurance rates so they don't go broke.
I'll make a prediction, based on climate change, that insurance rates are going up.....
They way the economy works is there is no free ride.
http://blogs.smithsonianmag.com/sci...is-dealing-with-climate-change/#ixzz2g2L9Y1mp
https://www.genevaassociation.org/media/616661/ga2013-warming_of_the_oceans.pdf
http://www.ibc.ca/en/Natural_Disasters/Weather_Story.asp

This anti science is getting tiresome but it's important to call you out on it.
GLG

I was merely pointing out that at least one person has come to conclusion that aviation in all it's forms is a major contribution to the climate problem.

Previously none of the apparent focus has been on anything that flies.

the Sun reporters are "stupid"?

All I saw was a reported article that made the news on Google .......that is unless the Sun made the whole thing up......

Yes ....lots of died-in-the wool-climatechange accepters, that's a fact.

Comes down to what you or me or anybody is prepared to do to change the "problem" though.

Going bicycle?.....the first time you haul the wife,3 kids, Uncle Larry and Aunt Beg to the top of Whistler in the passenger buggy towed behind your ten speed I imagine it will be for sale on Craigslist in short order....

Cancelling your jet vacations?.........engine carbon emission is carbon emission
Cancelling your fishing trips?............." " " " "
Selling your boat?.......you won't need it anymore
Going back to the horse and buggy?....can't do that...there'd be too many horses emitting Methane collectively

When I was getting my education Science was the subject I always got straight A's in......

I don't go to church currently and I am not a member of any religious organization....although in the past I have been substantially involved with a number of them.

Archaeopteryx ( nail-in-the-coffin bird-dinosaur) faked?

I suppose because of the site name it will be regarded as utter rubbish........but you can read the content for yourself.

http://www.trueorigin.org/ng_ap01.asp

Firstly, yes it is a creationist site so by default it will have no science to prove its point of view. It is based on faith which is absolutely not science. Faith means believing anything you are told by an "ancient text" or by someone in authority who purports to speak for the god or gods, without any evidence (and often with no logic or even rational thought) to back it up.

Secondly it was not Archaeopteryx but another dinosaur fossil that the Nat Geographic got wrong, called the "Archaeoraptor”. This turned out to be a fraud, but was not a deliberate hoax like Piltdown Man was. The point is though, both this one and Piltdown Man was exposed and debunked by scientists working in the field!
Creationists use this as though it is proof there are no feathered dinosaurs, when in fact there are several other fossils of this type found. This article is a good description of the “Archaeoraptor” scandal and the way creationists try and use it in order to discredit evolution. In reality they demonstrate their own ignorance and the low level of understanding of their target audience.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Archaeoraptor

I suppose this will be dismissed as well because it's from a Creationist site........

http://www.6000years.org/frame.php?page=hoaxes
A site claiming the earth is only 6000 years old is so laughable, so startlingly ignorant, so incredible simplistic and child like in its arguments it is hardly worth commenting on.
However in its two paragraphs on Lucy it claims that the ape like characteristics of the fossil mean that it is an ape and not an ancestor of modern man. The very fact that it is so unusual and possesses ape like characteristics but is unlike any living ape marks it down as a probable hominid and provides huge evidence for evolution. That is why this fossil has been studied so intensively and is so famous! And then there is the small matter of the fossil having been dated to 3.5 million years! But arguing with creationists is pointless since they ignore evidence, do not proceed from experiment, measurement and observation and do not debate with rational thought and logic. An interesting summary of Lucy and many original references are included here:-

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lucy_(Australopithecus)

Dave H...yes I see that Osmium is used for making fountain-pen tips...a killer "app" indeed.......

Archaeopteryx:- proves the "feather' link for dinosaurs/birds

In this article Dr Dave Hone attempts to link it all together featherwise using the words "possibly" and "maybe" more times than you can shake a stick at.........while admitting in parts of the article that he doesn't even want to use the word "feathers".......

http://www.theguardian.com/science/lost-worlds/2013/jun/10/dinosaurs-fossils

and closes with:- "just because we can't see feathers in,or on,dinosaur skin doesn't mean they weren't there"

Actually this is a very good article, and your comments really show how you deliberately put a spin on things in order to raise doubt. In this case you have really shown yourself up for the tricks you play since I did a word count.

The article uses the word "maybe" three times.
The word "possibly" zero times. That is right ZERO!!
The word "possibility" three times.
And the word “possible” once!

Your credibility Seafever would have fallen even lower than it already is……if that even even possible.

Yes ....lots of died-in-the wool-climatechange accepters, that's a fact.

go to utube and search for potholer54 videos

Comes down to what you or me or anybody is prepared to do to change the "problem" though.

Going bicycle?.....the first time you haul the wife,3 kids, Uncle Larry and Aunt Beg to the top of Whistler in the passenger buggy towed behind your ten speed I imagine it will be for sale on Craigslist in short order....

Cancelling your jet vacations?.........engine carbon emission is carbon emission
Cancelling your fishing trips?............." " " " "
Selling your boat?.......you won't need it anymore
Going back to the horse and buggy?....can't do that...there'd be too many horses emitting Methane collectively

The old argument that we need to go back to the stone-age to fix the problem therefore we must continue with business as usual. Lame.... We didn't leave the stone-age because we ran out of stones.....
We left the stone-age because we invented something better...
We need a low carbon economy with products that support that economy.
What's not to like about a boat that gets double the fuel economy?
Same as any type of transportation, double the fuel economy anyone,,,,,,
Remember the cars of the 60's and 70's when you had to tune them up once or twice a year?
You were lucky to get 10 miles to the gallon and had to own a dwell meter and timing light to work on them?
Fast forward to today and see the difference what technology can make.
How did we get there? It sure wasn't by listening to folks like you.

Like I said go view the videos of potholer54 if you dare.

Don't preach to me about the evils of climate-change skepticism (not denial) unless you yourselves are willing to make major changes in your lifestyle to help with the climate solution.

Don't bother waxing philosophical on how "it's mankind's fault" if your driveway has a huge RV, double engined boat, and three vehicles in it, one of which might be a 3 ton truck with an engine that is way overkill for it's purpose, and you regularly take air trips to places sheerly for the enjoyment. Carbon emission is carbon emission.

"Well I heat my home with natural gas...that's a totally clean fuel" you say. Actually it isn't anywhere as clean as you think.

"Double the fuel economy" is a weak argument. Since the increasing number of vehicles on the road every year trumps the savings.

In the same way that you turn off 5 lightbulbs in your house to help go Green.....but right beside you they build a subdivision with 300 houses.

(Actually in the case of Fairwinds by Schooner Cove, Nanoose, they want to build an entire town (1000+ houses)......pretty much the same thing up at Deep Bay as well).

Back