Garden Bay in September

RossP

The wife has booked a campsite in Garden Bay for the second week of September this year. I have never fished the Pender Harbour area but I will be taking my 15ft Boston Whaler. I would love to try Mooching with live herring. Any insights to fishing this area would be appreciated. Not looking for any secrets, just want to be able to get out and fish. Have two manual riggers on the boat and all the rest of the gear. Should I take the crab and/or prawn traps with me? Is it worth hauling the boat up there on the ferry? Thanks

Ross

The wife has booked a campsite in Garden Bay for the second week of September this year. I have never fished the Pender Harbour area but I will be taking my 15ft Boston Whaler. I would love to try Mooching with live herring. Any insights to fishing this area would be appreciated. Not looking for any secrets, just want to be able to get out and fish. Have two manual riggers on the boat and all the rest of the gear. Should I take the crab and/or prawn traps with me? Is it worth hauling the boat up there on the ferry? Thanks

Ross

I don't mooch but guys around here get live bait in secret cove and seem to mooch at Epsom quite a bit. Sept may be getting a bit late in the season but definitely bring you boat. Where are u staying in Garden Bay?

I don't mooch but guys around here get live bait in secret cove and seem to mooch at Epsom quite a bit. Sept may be getting a bit late in the season but definitely bring you boat. Where are u staying in Garden Bay?

Looks like we are booked into Fishermans Resort for a few days, but other than that we have no other plans for the week.

That time of year a spot to put sometime into is Garden bay itself. Check your chart you'll see a trench running towards Bargain on the inside of Bjerre shoal. Abeam of Whitestone island in the trench about 215 to 230 feet, anchor, fish just off the bottom. Occasionally Green bay up Agomenon channel produces a few, as does Quarry Bay, Nelson Island. Fernie Point, also Nelson Island.

Back