Fusion King Power Prawn puller

quote:Originally posted by mfurtado

I bought the fusion king last year & had nothing but problems with it. The motor is slow to pull 2 traps & then just stopped. They gave me a new one & on the second time I used it the welds at the base broke off & nearly lost the whole puller. The people at fusion king were pretty good, but took some time to explain I wasn't a commercial guy & was only pulling 2 traps. I also had to send in pictures to them to show that it was just ****ty weld jobs which caused the failure. Needless to say I got my money back & bought a Ace Line Hauler & have never looked back. [:eek:)]
</u><s></s><div align="left"></div id="left">

Just bought a fusion King and the front wheel popped off and went deep six , when I called them they said it would be a while before they could find one for me .What they have no parts in stock or cant rob a wheel off a new unit to make a customer happy .
Looking for something else .
NOT impressed

I just had my third- thats right third Kingfusion puller fail on the first day out ruining three outings. Now google the website and no server found comes up. If anyone wants to buy the broken puller which I I paid 750.00 is for sale cheap!! Only used for a couple of pulls before quitting., The Ace puller of my buddy's boat saved the day...again!

Another Fusion King puller down--just gradually lost all power while in use.... And guess what-- my lifetime guarantee is gonzo as well as it seems the company is no longer in business. Crap!

Does the motor on it look at all like the ACE motors? What size (diameter) is the pulley on it? I might know where you can buy a decent replacement. My dad had an old ACE (with the original wiper motor) and we replaced it with a much heavier duty gearmotor. I had to machine a little adapter to fit the larger shaft to the pulley, but it was pretty simple and man is it an improvement!

The motor is enclosed in the body of the puller so I dont know what type of motor it is. I will attempt to pull it apart, but having the mechanical aptitude of a maggot, I think I will be needing some help!!! Thanks for the feedback, everything starts with an idea.

Cheers
Bryan

Big sigh of relief.... took the puller to Fred McGregor, marine electronics guy in Comox, and he found a wire from the switch to the motor (obviously undersized) that had over heated and melted the shrinkwrap and the wire. All is good now. Tried it out in Comox lake yesterday and it pulled a commercial crab trap no problem. Got a couple of funny looks when I show up at the ramp with a big crab trap!!! LOL

Hey, anybody still using theirs? Or are they all dead yet? Picked one up today for $75 at a yard sale. Seems to work fine. No mounting bracket or manual but thought I could find some info online. Not much out there though. Company seems to have vanished. Anyone know how long these things were in production?
View attachment 20404

View attachment 20405

Last edited by a moderator:
I work all gear vary hard.
I liked my ACE Brutus , but destroyed it.
the toy snatch block on end of boom arm was first to go as i opened it up ,
then bent the arm
then twisted the mount ,
then switch went,
then finally burnt out the poor motor.
Called the First class Guys at plant in Nanaimo and had a long chat..
they kinda custom made me a new one....
Its got a amazing machined tough mount ,
strong frame and boom arm , cant seem to bend it yet ,
and a big butt fiber and stainless block
the switch is very heavy duty and could work under water they say and a much more powerful motor.
I run heavy gear and pulls out of deep with all the goodies attached without a problem.
Great guys and i totally recommend this new heavy duty model.
if i cant bend it break it or screw it up , burn it out, then its good !

Back