Fusion King Power Prawn puller

S

Slickwater

Any reviews on the Fusion King power prawn puller. Received one for Xmas.
I was after the Ace puller. I heard it's a bit low on power ? Any input would be great.
All the best in 2009 fellow fishers.
Slickwater

I've used one for the last 2 prawn seasons. Pulls 2 traps good, all stainless is nice, breaks down easly in one peice for easy storage.
Happy pulling:D[8D]:)

Bought one last spring. I used it 4 times and it stopped working. Took it back and got a replacement. Whent to Barkley sound and the second one failed in the 1st ten minutes of using it. Took it back and got my money refunded.

I bought one a couple of years ago and it could hardly pull one trap without a lot of effort and after talking to the guys in Victoria it was concluded that I had an older weaker motor and they agreed to update it for free. They had a newer more powerful model of the KingFusion out offered to take my older unit and 300.00+to upgrade. The base mount would not fit the earlier version so I had to drill some new holes in my boat. It only lasted less than 10 minutes before it was toast. Seems it had come with the wrong worm gears. . They replaced the puller with a new one less the screw in Scotty plug and carrying bag. I haven't had it out yet . In all fairness to the suppliers of the KingFusion they have tried to stand behind the product but that doesn't make hand bombing a dozen traps from 300-400 feet any easier. Peege

I have had one for 4 years now.. GREAT unit.. pulls 2 30 inch traps and weights no problem(I often have 300+ prawns in a set)..Let me start by saying I prawn about 20-30 days a season. Last fall the ON/off switch was intermittent. I sent it back to the warranty place in Victoria and they replaced it NO CHARGE. They surely did not have to do that for me under warranty only the motor is warrantied for 3 years.. I would recommend the unit and also best written warranty on the motor.

Slickwater...also do a search on this forum under king power and ace puller..lots of info comes up.

We purchased one a few years ago and were very happy with the frame being stainless steel, but we were very disappointed with the results of our motor. We have since replaced it with an Ace Line Hauler, it is very well constructed and easily has the torque necessary to lift a full load of traps. We fish as deep as 550 ft for prawn and crab. The only issue that we had was with the cord, and that was no fault of Ace, it was just too short to reach my receptacle. I called the company in Ladysmith and they replace my cord with the exact length that we needed and they updated the plug to the new Scotty version. I love my Ace Line Hauler! I would never go to any thing else, so far it has been absolutely awesome. Mason

[www.savebcsalmon.ca]

Thumbs up on the Fusion King, after 4 years of pulling it has not let us down.

Had a King for a year now-- no problems. Very stong unit. Thumbs up from me!!

20ft Alumaweld Intruder

We purchased one this christmas and on the box and instructions, it says it comes with a mounting bracket. Ours did not come with one, and when we had the dealer here phone the company, they said there never was one for the model we have. The brand new models (09) come with a FREE mounting bracket, but the 08 and later models does not come with one, at least that is what the company says.

Our instructions also state that we should not use the scotty bracket, but to use the one supplied, which was never there in the first place......[:0][?]:(

Did yours come with one???? and if not do you use the scotty mount???

Cheers

SS

Fishing08018-1.jpg

Originally posted by Sitkaspruce

We purchased one this christmas and on the box and instructions, it says it comes with a mounting bracket. Ours did not come with one, and when we had the dealer here phone the company, they said there never was one for the model we have. The brand new models (09) come with a FREE mounting bracket, but the 08 and later models does not come with one, at least that is what the company says.

Our instructions also state that we should not use the scotty bracket, but to use the one supplied, which was never there in the first place......[:0][?]:(

Did yours come with one???? and if not do you use the scotty mount???

Cheers

SS

Sitka, That whole thing sounds fishy. I find it hard to believe they would not supply a bracket. Phone the manufacturer yourself.

Hey Ken-- yes, it did include a mounting bracket that bolts on to the gunnel. Just have to remember to put a stong backing plate under the gunnel to spread the load. If you are down this way at New years, come over for a drink and have a look at it.

20ft Alumaweld Intruder

I contacted the company and they told me that the model we got had the updated motor (08-09) but due to the cost of SS and to keep the cost down, they decided to drop the SS bracket and we are to use the Scotty mount. The new (09) models have the SS bracket included, but are ~$120 more.

I already had a good backing plate on my scotty mounts, so they should be OK.

SS

Fishing08018-1.jpg

Funny-- mine is a 2008/9 and it CAME with the SS bracket..[B)]

20ft Alumaweld Intruder

First off, I have a set of instructions from Fusion King saying to not use the plastic Scotty mount. Also we paid $40.00 for an extra s.s. mount last year from them. It all makes me wonder if ownership has changed?

Thanks for all the info fellow fishers/prawners. The one we bought did come with a mounting bracket. After looking it over we realized it had been used or refurbished, so we returned it. For such a simple system we are surprised at the amount of people that have had to have repairs???
(This is from other forums as well)
I have two friends with the Ace Prawn puller. Not one issue yet in 3 years. Hopefully on sale at boat show. Should be good deals this year.
Cheers, Slickwater

quote:Originally posted by Cuba Libre

Funny-- mine is a 2008/9 and it CAME with the SS bracket..[B)]

20ft Alumaweld Intruder

Does yours come with the plastic cover on the motor or is it SS???

SS

Fishing08018-1.jpg

Its the stainless steel model.. Purchased by my son at Steveston Marine last year.

I'll email you with more info later.
Cheers
CL

20ft Alumaweld Intruder

The SS bracket is on the gunnel of the boat in this pic forward of the downrigger

009.jpg

20ft Alumaweld Intruder

I bought the fusion king last year & had nothing but problems with it. The motor is slow to pull 2 traps & then just stopped. They gave me a new one & on the second time I used it the welds at the base broke off & nearly lost the whole puller. The people at fusion king were pretty good, but took some time to explain I wasn't a commercial guy & was only pulling 2 traps. I also had to send in pictures to them to show that it was just ****ty weld jobs which caused the failure. Needless to say I got my money back & bought a Ace Line Hauler & have never looked back.

Back