Furuno GP1971 Settings Help

el.Pereh

This was installed this year with a new transom mounted transducer. I have yet to be able to get it to show me boomerangs and I've had fishing that should indicate their are many chins below me. Does anyone have this and care to share the proper settings? Fishing in the straight so mostly deep until its time for sandheads

Set it up for manual sensitivity

Try running different frequencies.

Try selecting different noise reduction presets.

Should work great. But may have to play with these settings

This was installed this year with a new transom mounted transducer. I have yet to be able to get it to show me boomerangs and I've had fishing that should indicate their are many chins below me. Does anyone have this and care to share the proper settings? Fishing in the straight so mostly deep until its time for sandheads

Hey Pereh,

What transducer do you have? I also recently installed a furuno 1971 and experiencing similar results as you. I went with the 1 kw transom mount airmar. The furuno manual is less than helpful with the setup of the sonar.

Aaron

It's almost impossible to get a stern mount to ping all the time at planing speeds. There's always cavitation at some level. Thru hulls shine all the time

You should be able to set it up so it's accurate at low and trolling speeds for sure

Hey Pereh,

What transducer do you have? I also recently installed a furuno 1971 and experiencing similar results as you. I went with the 1 kw transom mount airmar. The furuno manual is less than helpful with the setup of the sonar.

Aaron

Attachments

• 7BB5556F-8583-4B72-AE4F-F0CA32A8017A.jpeg
    7BB5556F-8583-4B72-AE4F-F0CA32A8017A.jpeg
    270.7 KB · Views: 4
I run a couple of these and have my best results with gain set to manual 40 clutter erase at 30 erase weak echos 25 tvg 2 this is with a b60 thru hull

Back