Forum members BOATS

Nice boat bweese, and those are nice looking downrigger mounts. Bet you can't wait to get that out fishing.

here is my money pit.. the sex panther!! lol

panther_zpsjepueacc.jpg

Sexy!!!!!!

I got a new toy!
It's a Lund SSV 16' with a 30 HP Evinrude E-TEC.
Obviously the modifications aren't complete. I've actually only begun, but here are some early pics.

You'll see in the pic I have a Stern Saver mounted on the transom for the transducer. I couldn't bring myself to punch holes in the transom. I'll see if this works long term.
Next up is mounting and wiring downriggers and the fish finder/chartplotter -- a Lowrance Elite-7 HDI with a 50/200 transducer -- and some seats.

After installing a 27 Group Deep Cycle battery and Blue Sea 6 fuse block with neg bus under the driver seat, I took the boat to Keith at Primus Metalcraft in Chilliwack for two downrigger mounts. I've seen before the clamp-on mounts allow for a lot of wobble in the gunwale, so I wanted a custom mount to hold 'em.

I couldn't be happier with Keith's work. He turned these around quickly, and the price was right. They are built like tanks and they're awesome to look at, too. Keith is a real artist.

Darn nice boat.. That Lund will serve you for years and years and a fine motor choice. Lots of fishing room in those boats and it's surprising the water they can handle. My son now runs a 16' Lund that I got from my father when he passed that he bought back in the early 80's one of the first 16' side consoles out there. Father bought the boat when he retired and spent most of his time on the west coast fishing one end of the island to the other. I could not even begin to guess the hours on that boat but trust me it's well into the multiple thousands. I rebuilt the inside of the boat about 4 years back when I gave it to my son. With out a stretch of the truth the hull on that boat is as solid as the day it came from the factory, not a leak or a loose rivet to this day. Lunds are by far the best light aluminum riveted boats on the market. I can't wait to see pics of this boat when it's all rigged and ready for water..

Well done.

Well there she is boys... The "Fish Whisperer" all rigged up and ready to go! See you out there! :cool:

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    97.9 KB · Views: 1,016
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    98.6 KB · Views: 1,016
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    95.5 KB · Views: 1,034
That's a great looking setup you have there. It will be nice fishing in that this year. Good luck.

Nice Boat there Striker.....see you on the water this year.
What year & make of it. Let's hope there is a lot of fish this year.

Nice Boat there Striker.....see you on the water this year.
What year & make of it. Let's hope there is a lot of fish this year.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1426391074.770604.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1426391087.750786.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1426391101.453896.jpg

Here's my new boat. Had it out today for the first time. 22' Ali-craft. 4.3 merc power. Lots of work to be done.

Back