For Sale 1992 Commander 30

Someone is going to get the boat of a lifetime. If I was in Van, I’d offer you 60% for a 1/2 share, and list my boat for sale. Just the work that someone like you has put into it making it fishing and family functional takes years.

So there it the table bed, how big is that, and the bench on starboard side can sleep 1?

Nice that the kitchen is near the stern, quick to come in a grab a bite, serve food and wash your hands.

Is that in CAD? That is a fricken steel, a new 30 foot cutwater equipped like that would have to approach 750k usd? I might be way off but no way it wouldn’t attract the luxury tax if new.
We've slept 5 guys in the boat for weekend fishing trips. The couch is 6 feet and folds out to a double bed. The dinette is 4 feet wide and about 5-10 long. The V-berth is like a California King. I took about a cord of stuff out of there before bringing it up the coast and all the essentials are still in there. It's almost a limitless amount of storage space for a week or more on the hook. Which I've done several times. No provisioning needed. Fuel, water, food, gear and battery life for a family of four for over a week is a breeze.

We've slept 5 guys in the boat for weekend fishing trips. The couch is 6 feet and folds out to a double bed. The dinette is 4 feet wide and about 5-10 long. The V-berth is like a California King. I took about a cord of stuff out of there before bringing it up the coast and all the essentials are still in there. It's almost a limitless amount of storage space for a week or more on the hook. Which I've done several times. No provisioning needed. Fuel, water, food, gear and battery life for a family of four for over a week is a breeze.
Thanks. I’m trying to convince a member with a family of 5 to buy it and I will send it my brother in law (another family of 5) but timing isn’t right.

Lots of other fish in the sea for you brother, as hard as it is to let her go.

Damn,end of an Era,hope it all straightens out for you sir. I told ya to take some money for that faucet you gave me!! Lol. If you do end up without a boat you are always welcome to come share a day with me. Sad days in whoville

Being in the same industry your in I know well the ups and downs, can be on the top of the world and face plant all in a short time, sad for you having to sell after putting so much into it.good luck with the sale and onto the next boat soon,if your like most of us you will not stay without a boat for very long, we are all suckers lol

The ideal camping boat palace! Wish I had the funds

what a sweet boat, love the layout. Basically a very fishy floating cabin the whole family can enjoy. Seems like a good price for what is being offered. Are you thinking about getting into a different boat? If your confident all the problems are finally sorted your going to have to really think about keeping it. I know you’ve had a long frustrating journey getting the boat running, the cost gets crazy and the inconvenience and stress always having to get it the shop with lifts and what not. If you just need to recoup funds and wait things out financially then someone should be getting a hell of a nice boat. If you’re keeping your big slip and looking for an outboard boat that’s a tough call. My dream boat but to big for me so I keep dreaming of finding an equivalent or close that’s trailer able for daily use

what a sweet boat, love the layout. Basically a very fishy floating cabin the whole family can enjoy. Seems like a good price for what is being offered. Are you thinking about getting into a different boat? If your confident all the problems are finally sorted your going to have to really think about keeping it. I know you’ve had a long frustrating journey getting the boat running, the cost gets crazy and the inconvenience and stress always having to get it the shop with lifts and what not. If you just need to recoup funds and wait things out financially then someone should be getting a hell of a nice boat. If you’re keeping your big slip and looking for an outboard boat that’s a tough call. My dream boat but to big for me so I keep dreaming of finding an equivalent or close that’s trailer able for daily use
I'll be keeping my giant slip, but might sublet for this season. Let me get my head straight before pulling the trigger on something else. I just have to get over the fact that I'll never have another boat like this one again. And maybe time away from boating altogether will make me miss this one less.

Just an idea but you could throw it in storage somewhere in PR. Reduce moorage , fuel and insurance costs for a bit and try again next year when your situation has improved .

Not trying to tell you what to do - of course - but a boat like the 23 Hourston asking $48K would sleep 3, be trailerable, and gain you about $80K from the $129K you are asking. Its not what you have now, but its a lot closer than an 18' with outboard. Good luck with whatever you decide.

List it in the states.

On another note, how much are your 3 drives and 2 engines worth? If you sell those you might have a nice chunk of change to plug the holes and pod that fat mermaid. 10k to plug and pod, the rest towards outboards…

I also don’t like some of your pics, too much clutter, dirty counter, tools, get rid of all that and maybe ask your wife for a woman’s touch in setting up that boat for pics.

Just my 2 cents,
I would keep that boat.

Good luck Jon

List it in the states.

On another note, how much are your 3 drives and 2 engines worth? If you sell those you might have a nice chunk of change to plug the holes and pod that fat mermaid. 10k to plug and pod, the rest towards outboards…

I also don’t like some of your pics, too much clutter, dirty counter, tools, get rid of all that and maybe ask your wife for a woman’s touch in setting up that boat for pics.

Just my 2 cents,
I would keep that boat.

Good luck Jon
I worked the numbers, just doesn't make sense right now. And still too many unkowns. It's definitely NOT 10k to plug and pod, that's for sure. I need to do a proper listing and photos though, you're right. I just wanted to throw it out there on here first. They're what I had.

Health is wealth, in the big picture everything else is just stuff and it’s all replaceable. Life is full of peaks and valleys. Things can turn around real quick. There’s pros and cons to owning a 30’ boat, look at the cons. I’m sure you’ll be back on the water with lines peeling in no time. These are first world problems. I hope you get top $ for your boat. We all know “stuff” isn’t what’s really important in life. Could always be worse, that’s for sure. I hope things turn around on the work front.
Have a great day Rain City!

I'm sure you've considered all your options to death....but what about taking on a partner? I know it's as big of a crap-shoot as taking on a new tenant, but the right like-minded person can be a good thing. I was in a 50/50 partnership with my last boat, was a great experience. Sharing the moorage/repair/maintenance costs made it affordable to have something I never would have pulled off on my own.
Just spitballing'.... Cheers.

I'm sure you've considered all your options to death....but what about taking on a partner? I know it's as big of a crap-shoot as taking on a new tenant, but the right like-minded person can be a good thing. I was in a 50/50 partnership with my last boat, was a great experience. Sharing the moorage/repair/maintenance costs made it affordable to have something I never would have pulled off on my own.
Just spitballing'.... Cheers.
I've asked the few guys that I would approve of. Everyone loves coming on the boat, but they'd rather throw me the odd brownie to help out.

Did you ask Jesse about a pod and outboards?
Those diesel’s and drives do still have significant value
Yes the problem though is to who? I can't have 5000 lbs of equipment on 5 pallets just sitting around. I don't own a crane truck.

Yes the problem though is to who? I can't have 5000 lbs of equipment on 5 pallets just sitting around. I don't own a crane truck.
I think you would be suprised at how quick your motors and drives would sell, when I did mine even with a blown motor there was guys trying to buy it who were just walking by the shop that didn’t even know it was for sale and your gear is way more sought after then mine

I think you would be suprised at how quick your motors and drives would sell, when I did mine even with a blown motor there was guys trying to buy it who were just walking by the shop that didn’t even know it was for sale and your gear is way more sought after then mine
He would have to have his drivetrain sold beforehand with a buyer that’s willing to wait.

Back