Flashers?

Mike_W

Curious what everyones preference is for flashers for Springs?

Went out the other day and the selections are getting crazy!!
Gibbs, Hot Spot, Luhr Jensen, Pro Troll ....
Also what are guys thoughts on the in line flashers?

I picked up some of the 8 inch flashers to see how they preform also ....the less weight /drag I have on my main line the better, so I figured it was worth a try.

Colors I have had success with and pretty much been the only thing I have run the last two years is the O'ki Purple Onion. (matched up with my go to purple haze teaser head)

I have also had good luck with the Red flasher and gold mylar.
Since I have been liking the Purple Onion Mylar I have also been drawn to the other types of "Cyrstal Mylar"

My personal favorite flashers are either Hot spot or Oki in green glow or purple glow.
I find these work for Springs all year.
Overall quality is good.

Does one need to shorten leader lengths when running 8" flashers? I got a 5 for $10.00 at the Seattle boat show.

Hot Spot and Oki... Green glow, red glow, purple onion, betsey.
I find that all flashers wear down and fall apart WAY to easily no matter how well you care for them.

I also like rigging them as break-away style... awesome once you get used to it.

Exact same as the "Farr better" by Gibbs. You can rig them up using any flasher if you buy all the parts in a tackle shop. Copy the real deal if you're going to give it a try, it will save you some troubles.

Back