Flashers - suggestions

RogersonCrusoe

I've been fortunate enough to receive a hefty Island Outfitters gift card. Two of my flashers have seized and no amount of lube will get them to reliably rotate again and not make a birdsnest of my line - one of which will be directly replaced as it's my trusty Purple Haze.

What's your hot colour(s)? And preferred brand?

I've been fortunate enough to receive a hefty Island Outfitters gift card. Two of my flashers have seized and no amount of lube will get them to reliably rotate again and not make a birdsnest of my line - one of which will be directly replaced as it's my trusty Purple Haze.

What's your hot colour(s)? And preferred brand?
I am sure you have some of your own favourites but I have one combo that I keep going back to because it produces:

Attachments

• A60C31B7-9CB5-4F65-BB61-AE8627CD27B9.jpeg
    A60C31B7-9CB5-4F65-BB61-AE8627CD27B9.jpeg
    210.1 KB · Views: 186
  • 7D2EEC5F-FB5A-4798-AD07-57A8229DA566.jpeg
    7D2EEC5F-FB5A-4798-AD07-57A8229DA566.jpeg
    201.9 KB · Views: 183
In more recent years we have had rather good success with the highly UV reflective flashers such as the Purple and Pink Haze that also has the double radiating long-lasting glow tape added to it so that in effect you get both glow technologies in one flasher. Also a fan of the clear chartreuse (yellow green) flasher with glow tape and the standard clear red flasher with glow tape.

You'll get lots of varied replies to this one.Start with old school red and green Hotspots,Super Betsy,No Banana's,black glow and on and on.I had 75 at last count.
Oh I know. I also just need some gear-**** ;).
Black Double Glow is already on the list of possibilities based on RainCity's preachings. Don't have a Red Hot Spot yet, though.

Gibbs Highliner Guide series flashers Bon Chovy , No Bananas, purple crush and double glow all others in my bag don't get a salt water washing while fishing. UV and glow is the way to go....

I've had good success with a lot of the lime green varieties, moon jelly and some of the latest offerings from Gibbs but one I always go back to is the Boogie Man. Have been using it consistently for a good dozen years now.

A couple of years back the Boogie with a Luhr Jensen flash fly killed it for me in Kyuquot.....beat out every other combo I was running.

1633536742620.png

I've had good success with a lot of the lime green varieties, moon jelly and some of the latest offerings from Gibbs but one I always go back to is the Boogie Man. Have been using it consistently for a good dozen years now.

A couple of years back the Boogie with a Luhr Jensen flash fly killed it for me in Kyuquot.....beat out every other combo I was running.

View attachment 71282
YES I dont have this I get to get another one

If I had to die on 5 flashers...
Guide series purple with the red stripe, moon jelly and uv.
Guide series chartreuse lemon lime.
Hot Spot double glow black.
Old School red, (blue and green as well if you have the money) Hot Spots.
A gold or silver betsy.

Last edited:
I am sure you have some of your own favourites but I have one combo that I keep going back to because it produces:
I've caught many fish on that spoon. The skinny g also. Sounds like most of us have the same disease, i have dozens of flashers and use the same 4 or 5 every year. But if i could only pick 3 it would be black double glow, original green/silver hot spot and the chartreuse hot spot with crush glow one side and the mirror glow tape other side.

That said when i sockeye fish it's all pink and red variations.

Last edited:
Drop everything, go on the net and buy some of these they are KILLER!

dreamweaver-spin-doctor-12-flasher-uv-uv-crush-glo.jpg

I get black glow on sunny days clear water (like deep water gulf islands SOG side). Are we fishing it in other conditions?

View attachment 71282
Yeah that ones a killer! The fish in Nanaimo like it too

Back