Fishing the Fraser Mouth

M

Mortician

Wondering what alternatives there are to anchovies when fishing off the Mouth of the Fraser River in summer?

Seems that everyone is fishing Anchovies. I'd like to fish tackle instead. My friend said that the "Army Truck" Hootchy and the "Purple Haze" hootchie in recent years is very popular.

Wondering what Spoons or Plugs I should run? Does anyone fish these off the Fraser Mouth? I only caught a few springs in 12 outings off the Fraser last fall. Call it bad timing.

I'd like to know what the commercial guys would be running? Iron Noggin?

The water off the Fraser River mouth is usually quite murky and there is tons of water to fish...what to do?

quote:Originally posted by Mortician

Wondering what alternatives there are to anchovies when fishing off the Mouth of the Fraser River in summer?

Seems that everyone is fishing Anchovies. I'd like to fish tackle instead. My friend said that the "Army Truck" Hootchy and the "Purple Haze" hootchie in recent years is very popular.

Wondering what Spoons or Plugs I should run? Does anyone fish these off the Fraser Mouth? I only caught a few springs in 12 outings off the Fraser last fall. Call it bad timing.

I'd like to know what the commercial guys would be running? Iron Noggin?

The water off the Fraser River mouth is usually quite murky and there is tons of water to fish...what to do?

Bump to the top.

You seem what I mean? Everyone fishes with anchovies over here almost exclusively. A local charter operator told me to be prepared to wait a long time between bites if I fish with tackle for these spawners.

Surely the commercial trollers of yore would fish with tackle?

Back