Fishing out of Nanaimo

Reel-Knotty

Has any one been out off the fingers fishing, any action or is everyone just boating and washing lures LOL

Cheers

Fasten your seat belts. They'll be here soon....and the size and numbers will be much better than average.

^ spoken like a lodge/charter owner!

Where abouts are the fingers, if you guys don't mind telling me. I have not fished Nanaimo before but I am going to go this year to see if I can get in on any of the crazy action that happened last year mid april.

Cheers,
Percy

We got out Sat. and covered the usual haunts, ---the humps gave us four cod at 165' with bait---- then cruised the four hundred contour over to the fingers and tried spoons on one side and hoochies on the other--they are nice and clean now.. then turned down along hudson rocks and picked up a little beauty, just undersize. got a little lumpy but a great day on the water.

Oh ya, sorry--- the fingers are the little group of islands straight out of departure bay. anyone at the ramp will tell you. Have fun!!

We're going off on the Vancouver side now. Like previous years.....it won't be long for Gabriola...you can almost time it. End of the month.

Silver Horde Irish Creams, Cop Cars Glow, Green Glows, Pesca Spoons ( available at Pacific Angler in Van) with Glow, the Bonchovy Spoon behind the Madi Flasher and Anchovies on 6 foot leaders have been slammin' it from 80-130 feet.

Back