Best times to book China Creek

Bender

Hi,
I have a credit for China Creek campground as due to illness the past two years i was unable to go..... well , looks like i am cleared for boating and fishing this year.
Asking for some input as to booking times Month date?
i am considering booking after the Sept long weekend? for 4 or 5 days.
Appreciate any input.
Cheers and tight lines

I grew up there and if you want a chance at some good spring fishing you should go one week before the end of August as they send in the commercial guys just before the Salmon Derby long weekend of Sept

Hi,
I have a credit for China Creek campground as due to illness the past two years i was unable to go..... well , looks like i am cleared for boating and fishing this year.
Asking for some input as to booking times Month date?
i am considering booking after the Sept long weekend? for 4 or 5 days.
Appreciate any input.
Cheers and tight lines
Usually slim picking after sept long weekend, 10-12 Aug to sept long weekend is best for springs

I’m with Brutus if you want to fish the springs while they are still fairly bright. I suggest the week of August 10-17 as my prime time. You can fish from Bells Bay up to Polly Point easily.

I'm booked there Sept 11th-15th. Fully expect that to be pretty late for springs, but it is the time work allowed unfortunately. Hoping I may be able to find some Coho's, but otherwise am looking at it as an opportunity to explore an area I haven't been before, and get to know the new (to me) boat. Any tips about fishing in that timeframe, or just general cruising and exploring in the area are welcome.

Back