Fishing Apps in mobile

davidw

Hi folks,

I'm doing some research for Apps in mobile phones. Kind of interesting topic. Will post some briefing of some Apps, and also would like to hear the ideas from you! Thanks!

Actually, Fishing Apps are either informative or gaming. Here are some informative Apps.

1. Fishin’ Guy Duluxe (Apple only)

Fishin’ Guy Deluxe is a mobile app that helps you search for fishing hot spots. It allows you to review and compare various fishing resorts and lodges so that you can get the best to plan your fishing trip. It is also included with information on many fish species so that you can get to know everything before you fish them. This App will also guide you in searching for the charter boats and link to videos.

I like the pictures for fish species. And also ideas to get fishing spots in an App so that it's easy to use. However, it seems the information now is very limited and far from making it a successful App.

Last edited by a moderator:
2. UFindFish (Apple and Android)

This App uses GPS or Google Maps to locate hot spots. You can log in the details of your catch and share it with your friends as well. With the Ufindfish app you can keep track of your personal hot spots or you can share it with friends. It also has a dedicated YouTube channel and you can share pics and video with friends. Also the App tries to build up a community and you can consult fishing questions from a pro.

However, I found there is no verification for fishing spots, so it could be confusing. And it just show where the fishing spots are, but no more information. Especially, no links between pictures/videos and spots. There is a lot of information in certain areas, but not too much in most of the rest world.

FishWeather for Android. free app that displays current winds overlayed on a map. it also forecasts winds displayed the same way. other functions include radar, satellite and sea surface temperature.

Thanks for the information.
3. iFish (Apple and Android)

It's not free, for example $6.99 for Ontario

This App inform you of where, when and how to fish in a lake near you. This app has been customized for various regions and you can choose the one that most precisely meets your region. This app will give you information of the various hot spots in that particular location and help you fish in the best spots. It also tells you about the depth of the water, the weather and also informs you of the fishing season of various fishing destinations. It will give you directions to these fishing spots.
It’s a very good “where to fish” guide. Catches log is good idea. User can also upload own lake reports.
However, the not all provinces in Canada are supported. After all, it's a US. App.

4. Pro Angler™ - Premium Fishing App (only Apple)
Again, this is not free, $8.99

This game loaded with many GPS Hot Spots & Honey Holes. Know What's 'Biting Now' + Identify, Track & Catch 110 Saltwater Species + Solunar Times, Tides, Marine Weather, Detailed Regulations, All Hot Spots & Many More Features.
Loaded with local pro captain tips, tricks and condition reports, all specific to your location in the Florida (and Tex?).

Sorry, this one is only for Florida. :) I put it here because I like the functions such as gear advice, species, weather and tide guide, regulations, GPS hot spots. And also like the up to date fishing reports. The App has the bait shops information too.

5. Orvis Fly Fishing

$4.34, not free

This one basically move all about Fly fishing Orvis has to a App. From animated fishing knots that teaches you more than 20 different types of fly-tying knots. To a guide to purchase the fishing license of a state that explains all the regulations and rules. It even educates you of the most common casting mistakes and guides you to casting the common fly patterns. With the Orvis Fly Fishing app you will get fishing news, and the podcast will answer almost all of your questions regarding fly fishing.

It may be interested that it has more than 300 of the top fly-fishing destinations in North America, Central America and the UK. Also, it provides a good guide to top 100 trout flies and the top 50 saltwater flies.

Hi folks,

I'm doing some research for Apps in mobile phones. Kind of interesting topic. Will post some briefing of some Apps, and also would like to hear the ideas from you! Thanks!

What exactly is the research you are doing? Are you just offering up info on apps or looking for feedback on fishing specific apps?

Just want to share some information I have. And it would be great to hear your feedback about your favorite ones. To be honest, feel the current apps and games may not be the thing I expected.

Zipper-Mouth Rock fishing app. You input coordinates of your favorite fishing hole, then it automatically scrambles the GPS location and shares it with the world so your spot doesn't get fished out.

Back