Fish Taco's

When I have more time, I often make my own sauce, using a mango, cilantro, lime, ginger, garlic, vinegar, salt pepper, chilpolte tabasco.
Stosh

Homemade sauce is the best flavor. I know in this day and age a lot of us take the easy way out and just buy a bottle of something. Making food from fresh ingredients is the best way to enjoy it :).

Trick I learned to make store bought tortillas waaay better. Lightly oil a skillet and just sear them in the pan for a minute or so per side. Don't burn them just brown and crisp them up a bit. Makes them taste way better.

Best Fish Taco I have had was in the least likely place... Glen Lake Pub (Buffy's)
Tuna taco made with Tuna Tataki. Was awesome!

When I make at home I pan grill halibut until it flakes and then add taco seasoning just like you would with beef but not as much.
Then top with a Mango Salsa. Good stuff!

Great recipe's guys. I love fish taco's and my oldest daughter does too so we order them when we can from different place when we go out to eat. For some reason we have never made them from scratch at home but definitely will after reading your guys' recipes.
Browns Social House has a delicious super fresh tasting Halibut fish taco. Best I've had yet. Will have to ask them what they put in it exactly next time we go. But I'm pretty sure it's a yogurt/sour cream/herb type dressing with fresh salsa, cilantro, avocado, etc.

I love fish taco's or use to until I believe it was sculps that posted up the buffalo rock cod on a romain boat with blue cheese dressing, they are now the household fav!
Damn you Sculpin;)

I love fish taco's or use to until I believe it was sculps that posted up the buffalo rock cod on a romain boat with blue cheese dressing, they are now the household fav!
Damn you Sculpin;)
I don't remember that recipe -have to try the research tab.

Researched it!! Great idea looks very tasty-going to try it with Trigger fish next week in Baja+++++ Margarita's. Can't wait to get out of the rain~~~~

What Riverboy said. Only difference is I sprinkle little bit of water on the wrap to give some moisture. As for sauce, I find 3 spoons of mayo and 3 spoons of sour cream, with 1/2 lime juice, salt and parprika and pepper to be really good mix for sauce. I like to pan fried my fish with salt, pepper, and garlic powder until just flaky. Cut up veg to put in, especially avacado and lettuce. Yum.

I've made them a couple times. Simple beer batter for small chunks of halibut and shrimp with home made chunky salsa. The bottom line is anything deep fried is tasty and you can put whatever condiments you like on them.

Back