fish cooler

1stLite

Has anybody got an old fish cooler they want to get rid of a friend wants to mount an old one on the back of the transom and does'nt want to buy a new one. pref nanaimo area.

Costco used to sell a 150 Qt igloo for around $80.
I have one. Not as good as the colemans but you get what you pay for.
Still better than styrofoam box

Costco used to sell a 150 Qt igloo for around $80.
I have one. Not as good as the colemans but you get what you pay for.
Still better than styrofoam box

Do you know if they still have them available? My membership expired, but I would renew it just to get one...
Rob

I haven't been in there for a long time but I know other people who have bought them there more recently. Could be a seasonal thing. Maybe you can phone them.
also, you can go in and look around without membership can't you?

They're a seasonal Item and we don't have any in the nanaimo store. Haven't had them for months. You could call a couple of the warehouses in Vancouver, if that is where you're from. They were about $80, can't remember exact price. You can get a day pass from the membership desk that will let you look around too. Unsure if you can purchase on the pass but they might if you pay cash, you'll have to ask about that one.

Those Costco coolers have gotten cheaper this year,
they have cheaped out on the hinges, just broke all three hinges today. Last years model had much better hinges.

Where did you get it from RipTide ? Our Store has been selling the same cooler for the last 3-4 years now. The one with access hatch in the lid. The best one was the one with the solid lid that we sold originaly about 5 years ago and they were about $120.00. Wish I would have bought more back then.

I bought one cooler two years ago and the other this year. Both from Costco in Langford. They are the exact same but the hinges have changed.

I never even noticed, mind you I wasn't looking that closely at them because I already have one. I would buy another if they came back with the original one with the solid lid. Just take it back, even if you don't have your receipt, Costco is good that way.

I broke one of the latches off on my last trip and decided to look up replacement parts on the internet. My buddy M.T. Pockets suggested I just check out the local fishing supply stores and lo & behold the two I tried in Nanaimo both carried hinges and latches.

Back