Feeling the heat ?

E006EA02-374B-4EE4-AC36-515176ACC9AA.jpeg
Set up the little pool on our patio yesterday, outside tap water was 16° C

Today the pool is already over 21° C after the patio was showing 44° C

Just big enough to totally submerge and then soak in it and enjoy some cold beer.
Yeah, I’m a big kid in an adult body. :cool:

Last edited:
I have one day of inside/shaded work the guys can do tomorrow. If it's still forecast at 40 for Tues I'll stand them down and we'll see what Weds looks like. Not worth getting everyone beat down already when we haven't even hit July yet. Not to mention productivity goes way down.
I had to call her quits as well sent the whole crew home for a week not worth anymore heat stroke. When I drove back through Kamloops today headed for the coast it was reading 47 in my truck cooled down to 42 on the hwy through hell.!!

Powers been out at home since 5:00pm. Got all of us set up in the basement. Kids in the pack n play. I’m on a camping cot. Wife on the couch. 27 degrees in the basement so it’s bearable for me. Wife wants to go get a hotel room and blast the air conditioning haha.

We are giving our guys the option to not work tomorrow. Way too hot. Maybe we should do like Vegas where construction work happens at night. We have a couple jobs that aren’t in residential neighborhoods so we should be able to bend a couple bylaws

View attachment 67617
Set up the little pool on our patio yesterday, outside tap water was 61° F

Today the pool is already over 70°F after the patio was showing 44° C

Just big enough to totally submerge and then soak in it and enjoy some cold beer.
Yeah, I’m a big kid in an adult body. :cool:
Please keep it all metric next time. My brain so effed up after all this heat that I can hardly remember how many beers I’ve been having this evening. :D

I'm a hvac tech and things are crazy right now... Our team service areas all over VI and last I spoke with the on call guy yesterday he already had 17 service calls and only had a 5 hour break to nap in a hotel since starting his shift Friday morning. So I laced up the boots and am crushing OT this weekend. Going to work around 20 hours OT this weekend, but if I was still young i could have worked all 48hours...

Next time your heat pump breaks down don't forget to thank your service Tech!
Are you in the Cowichan Valley?

Powers been out at home since 5:00pm. Got all of us set up in the basement. Kids in the pack n play. I’m on a camping cot. Wife on the couch. 27 degrees in the basement so it’s bearable for me. Wife wants to go get a hotel room and blast the air conditioning haha.

We are giving our guys the option to not work tomorrow. Way too hot. Maybe we should do like Vegas where construction work happens at night. We have a couple jobs that aren’t in residential neighborhoods so we should be able to bend a couple bylaws
Well took your idea of finding somewhere cold. Moved the whole family out to the travel trailer with the ac running full tilt. Kids are sleeping with blankets now!!! What a great move

Spent the day on the Old Man River Reservoir... 34 CView attachment 67622

Love that area! Spent a summer on my buddies grand parents homestead near twin butte when I was 18 and fell in love with fly fishing( no more walleye and pike fishing) After that I spent every summer walking up and down the rivers and random camping on the FSR's until I moved to the island. A small part of me still wants to go back. Before we moved to the island I tried to convince my wife that fernie was the place for us...

Only 2 of 14 guys showed up for work today. I don’t blame them haha. Got to the office and the air conditioning wasn’t working. Fiddled around with the thermostat for a bit and now it finally fired up. We’re gradually getting closer to a comfortable 70 degrees in the office lol

Only 2 of 14 guys showed up for work today. I don’t blame them haha. Got to the office and the air conditioning wasn’t working. Fiddled around with the thermostat for a bit and now it finally fired up. We’re gradually getting closer to a comfortable 70 degrees in the office lol

there was not a lot of traffic on my commute to work today

I'm taking over / under bets on a laser-measured temp in the back alley at work at 2pm. Can measure anything.
Betting a few guys from the building across the street.
There is some black steel that should get some good intense rays.
The number is 147 F (63.8C). I think its a bit aggressive though - they both took the under. Update - 11:30 was 55C.

Last edited:
Please keep it all metric next time. My brain so effed up after all this heat that I can hardly remember how many beers I’ve been having this evening. :D
LOL
Thanks for bring that to my attention. The heat must have affected my brain :cool: , and I have now corrected my post.

Does it really matter how many beers have been consumed ? :p

there was not a lot of traffic on my commute to work today
I noted a good amount of traffic at 530 am today, and a lot of people already working in vineyards. My guys are wrapping up now, pretty happy they got 6 hrs without killing themselves. Probably the same schedule for the rest of this short work week.

Back