Esquimalt Lagoon and Witty's Lagoon

Not according to the regs unless I'm reading them wrong.

I meant the only place anywhere near to Esquimalt that they are open is area 20, west of sheringham point. They are open year round up the west coast all the way to Haida Gwaii. But closed everywhere on ECVI and the south coast of the island.

Same. I've only caught one, and it was the best tasting saltwater fish I have had in a long time.

I'm going fishing this weekend and I am debating going to esquimalt, or the breakwater where I know there are fish. What should I do

I'm going fishing this weekend and I am debating going to esquimalt, or the breakwater where I know there are fish. What should I do

Not sure, I mostly fish out of Pedder Bay in that area and in a boat. Look for rocky ledges, reefs and kelp. That's where those tasty buggers hide.

Why dont you try East Sooke park ... lots of those green lings there ... and all kinds of rocks to cast from

Tasty buggers... Haha :)

How snaggy is it at east sooke park? I know that there are plenty of large fish at the breakwater, but when fishing off the bottom, you lose a TON of gear.

Back