Emerging Issues for SVI Chinook Regulations

That'd be good, much better discussing this stuff on or beside a river with some context than on a keyboard. I hope that's at least something we can both agree on!

Cheers!

Ukee

Got this off the Cheanuh facebook page. caught and molested at the Tap. This is what you get when you have stupid Regulations.
I would have blured out the dudes face, but couldnt figure out how. He should know better, but guys are gonna want their picture taken with trophy fish, and might not do exactly the right thing in the heat of the moment.
13537713_10208699140811405_6449128241364834409_n.jpg
The CIA has just identified this man as Abdul Baari. He is a member of ISIS - Idiot Sporty Injuring Springs. Their method of destruction is to bear hug an 'over' spring until they bleed out. He apparently is holding 6 hostage in his freezer all nicely filleted and vacuum packaged.

They haven't had any discussions about extending it . So it should be done

The CIA has just identified this man as Abdul Baari. He is a member of ISIS - Idiot Sporty Injuring Springs. Their method of destruction is to bear hug an 'over' spring until they bleed out. He apparently is holding 6 hostage in his freezer all nicely filleted and vacuum packaged.

WTF, That guy posing with the big spring bleeding out is a moron. Fish should be released in the water not hauled out abused then released to die. If I was a CO and I saw that on the water I'd rip his boat apart and ticket him with every possible infraction I could find. I find that behaviour a sickening abuse of the resource. We need to adopt Washington states regulation that all fish to be released must not be removed from the water. These Facebook posers should be ashamed of themselves. Show some respect for the resource or find another hobby. F'ing clowns posing for social media with a dying fish that regulations require releasing make me sick. Slot limits are going to be the norm in the future, like it or not. Learn to release fish properly or be fined I say.

And Albion numbers are just brutal and getting worse. Would be awesome to know what the actual numbers are returning this year to each tributary and how close they are ,if not already to being not able to recover.
Albion numbers
2016- 142
2015-354
2014-442
Pretty good indication on the downward spiral. Might as well net all of them so the Fraser can be dammed

Back