elk lake Victoria??

They are not crankbaits, a rapala is a type of jerk bait and a wee-tad is a small version of a tomic plug.
It is not uncommon to hit bass though

All the Rapalas I have are classified as crankbaits. Right? (lure with a lip that is either trolled or cast and retrieved).
I was hoping for some little hints to Elk lake's bass spots as it seemed ilovefishing knows Elk lake.

All the Rapalas I have are classified as crankbaits. Right? (lure with a lip that is either trolled or cast and retrieved).
I was hoping for some little hints to Elk lake's bass spots as it seemed ilovefishing knows Elk lake.

Funny thing you asked. I have hit two bass trolling at about 15 feet. one monster at 6.5 pounds and a nice 3.5 pound. Both I caught trolling a jointed rapala. I thought i hit bottom with the big one. I have hit way to many catfish. Even when trolling faster which is kinda wierd. how wierd is this I caught a huge turtle with a worm. I never laughed so hard. Also I caught a bass square in the middle of the lake. I thought that was wierd too. the turtle was huge it had claws and was a pain to get the hook out I let him go so let me know if any one else has caught one. now a question about the tomic plug which hole do you put your line through? can you also troll with salmon eggs I have tons of them? thanks for your feed back so far.

Bob

Funny thing you asked. I have hit two bass trolling at about 15 feet. one monster at 6.5 pounds and a nice 3.5 pound. Both I caught trolling a jointed rapala. I thought i hit bottom with the big one. I have hit way to many catfish. Even when trolling faster which is kinda wierd. how wierd is this I caught a huge turtle with a worm. I never laughed so hard. Also I caught a bass square in the middle of the lake. I thought that was wierd too. the turtle was huge it had claws and was a pain to get the hook out I let him go so let me know if any one else has caught one. now a question about the tomic plug which hole do you put your line through? can you also troll with salmon eggs I have tons of them? thanks for your feed back so far.

Bob

Bob

Bob

for the weed tads there are 2 holes, if you put the line through the top hole it will swim deeper and the bottom hole will be shallower

for the weed tads there are 2 holes, if you put the line through the top hole it will swim deeper and the bottom hole will be shallower

I have found that to catch the lunkers in Elk on the troll, use the biggest lure that is reasonable. I favor a #9 jointed Rap in Perch and have had good results with this size in black/silver as well. I fish with a buddy who insists on tying on a 4'' Tomic (usually in frog) when trolling this lake. Five (maybe six) years ago, I remember a two month stretch (June/July) when there were a large number of +20'' Rainbows caught. One evening we caught three over 20'', the biggest being 24.5''. Just couldn't keep them off the hook. Even the guys pulling ganglies (gang trolls) were pulling big fish (which is unusual). Haven't seen the like since. Perhaps a bunch of brood stock were released here, though this seems unlikely as the nearest hatchery is Duncan. Perhaps a bunch of experimental tripliods (electrically sterilized) all matured at the same time. Nothing about Elk surprises me anymore (anybody caught a Piranah in there yet?). The biggest trout I've heard of out of the lake was a 26'' Rainbow, caught in the spring on a Chiromonid. That said, if you are pulling plugs, keep 'em big.

I have found that to catch the lunkers in Elk on the troll, use the biggest lure that is reasonable. I favor a #9 jointed Rap in Perch and have had good results with this size in black/silver as well. I fish with a buddy who insists on tying on a 4'' Tomic (usually in frog) when trolling this lake. Five (maybe six) years ago, I remember a two month stretch (June/July) when there were a large number of +20'' Rainbows caught. One evening we caught three over 20'', the biggest being 24.5''. Just couldn't keep them off the hook. Even the guys pulling ganglies (gang trolls) were pulling big fish (which is unusual). Haven't seen the like since. Perhaps a bunch of brood stock were released here, though this seems unlikely as the nearest hatchery is Duncan. Perhaps a bunch of experimental tripliods (electrically sterilized) all matured at the same time. Nothing about Elk surprises me anymore (anybody caught a Piranah in there yet?). The biggest trout I've heard of out of the lake was a 26'' Rainbow, caught in the spring on a Chiromonid. That said, if you are pulling plugs, keep 'em big.

Back