Elk lake derby?

B

bigragu

How did the derby go on saturday? Any info on the biggest fish size/time /location?

Pretty nice day out there again, except for a bit of misty rain in the morning. Biggest trout was 4lb12oz and I believe I heard mentioned that it was caught early, around 8:00 a.m. on a black whooley bugger on the north side of the lake. Biggest bass I heard was 6lb 12oz largemouth. I think this was caught around the islands near Beaver, using spinnerbaits. This was caught early too, before 9:00 a.m.

Sizes may be a little off as it was difficult to hear the announcer at the ceremonies.

Seafood, eat it, then catch more.

Yeah the Derby had a good start, slow finish. The winning trout was caught on a Rainbow Wee Tad - also what I caught my only fish on at about 8:30. I was quite suprised at how many draw prizes there were! Thanks Island Outfitters for a good day!

Next year, that boat's mine!

Catch and release -- into my frying pan.

The 3rd Annual Elk Lake Derby was held this past Saturday and was a huge success! 425 adults and 110 juniors participated in the derby on this popular fishing lake with prizes for top trout and bass caught. The top prize for trout went to Kevin Creelman for a 4 lb 13 oz rainbow caught on a rainbow finish Tomic plug. Kevin won a $1,000 cheque for the top trout. 2nd place in the trout category went to Gordon Keel for a 4 lb 6 oz trout and third place went to Megan Rivers with a 3 lb 10 oz trout. In the bass division, first place and a $1,000 cheque went to Steve Johansen for a 6 lb 7 oz smallmouth bass. Steve caught his winning fish on a black tube with red speckles. Second place went to Chad Keogh with a 6 lb 2 oz smallmouth and third place went to Bret Ainey for a 5 lb 13 oz smallmouth. Kevin Burhip won the top draw prize of a 12 foot Lowe aluminium boat with an 8 hp Yamaha 4 stroke motor. Devin Atkinson won the 10 foot Outcast pontoon boat draw prize.

I was told that they were smalllmouths, but I did not see them. That doesn't mean that the info is correct though.

Sounds like a great day!! That's great to hear the bass are picking up. Has anybody had any consistent luck with the bass in Elk/Beaver yet?

Thanks a lot for the feedback.

Iceberg

quote:I was told that they were smalllmouths, but I did not see them
Hey no worries. My mistake. The biggest was a largemouth but the rest were smallmouth.
3134_157902980322_842415322_6244107_1222210_n.jpg

Back