Early Spring Flyfishing

Hello All, I just bought a 9' Pontoon boat and took it up to Pete's Pond on Sunday. It looks as if the Ice has been off for a little while. I didn't see a single fish surface the whole day I was there. I tried top water still..top water troll... sinking line slow and fast.. Nothing

I've read that the fish are slow moving after ice off and hard to get going. What do you guys use this time of year to get the fish excited?

NOTE: I do catch LOTs of trout using these methods all spring and summer :)

Petes has been poached hard from what I heard/seen the last few years, I fished it a few times this winter trolled leech/dragonfly nymphs on surface and bottom and had luck for smaller trout but it was spotty. There was not much ice on the lake for very long this winter I don't think either and I fished it a few times.

Last edited by a moderator:
I heard the same story about being poached bad by some low life losers. Too bad a small handful of idiots wreck things for most of us. Another reason our access to the back country is being more and more limited. All I can say is observe and report if you get a chance.

So, sad.... I won't give up... hey if someone can pm me directions to tadgess..can't remember spelling... that would be great. I searched for over an hour with no luck. I've been there 10 times over the years.

So, sad.... I won't give up... hey if someone can pm me directions to tadgess..can't remember spelling... that would be great. I searched for over an hour with no luck. I've been there 10 times over the years.

Try casting booby flies on sinking lines towards the shore in 8-18ft of water. Its a great method when the fish are being picky and not heavy on the feed. Got into over 40 fish using this method yesterday.

-KK

Try casting booby flies on sinking lines towards the shore in 8-18ft of water. Its a great method when the fish are being picky and not heavy on the feed. Got into over 40 fish using this method yesterday.

-KK

Karma... I just tried to send you a PM... Mailbox is FULL!!! [emoji37][emoji16][emoji36][emoji41]

Rick

Reluctantly sent from my iPhoney using this crappy Tapatalk app... [emoji37]

Back