E.C.V.I.

The boat is in the driveway. I'm going thru everything making sure it all works. I just finished painting the floor with non-slip paint and sprinkled some sand on the wet paint for good measure.Today I'm changing plugs, engine oil, leg oil, filters on both motors.I put 2 more prawn traps down(4 total) if you 2 wanna try your luck, it's pretty slow right now.I also have a couple crab traps on the dock you can use. I have to work at 1pm today,give me a ring on the toll-free. This is going to be the slowest 4 days of work all year!! Thanks for the photos Kelly,nice fish. Hopefully I'll have some nice pics when I get back. Did you try that hootchy?

Being a newbie here on the east coast ( Cowichan ) Maybe some of you can throw out some pointers. I bought a bunch of stuff ths past weekend at a great price. A couple of manual downriggers and a ton of tackle that includes lots and lots of hoochies, teasers, flashers, spoons and some stuff I have not even looked at. If you were trolling what is the first thing you would start with over here? Also are certain color hoochies better than others for chinooks?

I think I read that Sansum Narrows is closed for retention of chinook untill mid October? Is this correct? If so whats the closest place to launch in the Cowichan area where I could go to retain some? I dont really want to drive far as I have this terrible crack in my boat trailer. I did brace the crack but still dont want to chance it untill I can get a new trailer in the fall.

Greg i tried that hootchie and i had a rod jiggle but no hookups. Ill be out for a little bit today. Bronswyk i would use green/white or white hootchie, cop car or green white coyote spoons and anchovies as my go to gear. Best all round lures i find

BB
Samsun and Cow Bay don't close until August 1.
Not a lot of fish about but give it a go.
Try Separation Point, and Bold Bluff area at north end of Narrows.
Good luck

off the hump today ton of boats out there lot from painters lotsa teen size on the low slack purple haze seem to be what they like

Another beautiful afternoon out of French Creek feeding the local seals a couple of teenagers.........

Right at the bite time in the tide book, 5:30 PM. Yuo can almost set your clock by it. Confetti hooch @ 170, white hooch @ 100.

Hi guys,
being new to fishing out of French creek, I am not sure how to fish the area. After picking Bill's brain at the French store we did manage to catch a 26 on the first trip out last June, but nothing so far this year. Hootchies seem to be popular, but what leader lenght do suggest?

Timo

I like longer leaders 38-42inch and a bit smaller with squirts. Some guys say as small as 28 inch which will probaly catch fish just not as many. Was ugly today blowin 60km/h. Ill be out on the weekend.

Ballenas. I only fished it an hour and a half this morn the rest of the time was at gerald and gerald was dead. There was more bait than ive ever seen at ballenas. It was all through the water colum on the 160-170ft contour

Naw Kelly-- cant be bait-- the seiners got them all-- remember??;)

20ft Alumaweld Intruder

Got out for a bit this afternoon scrapped up a 10lber at ballenas but with the amount of bait around im sure if you hit the bite it would be hot. Sangster is also heatin up friends have been gettin 4-5 fish hooked a mornin and they are a larger sized run. 20-30lbs!

quote:Originally posted by Klob

Right at the bite time in the tide book, 5:30 PM. Yuo can almost set your clock by it. Confetti hooch @ 170, white hooch @ 100.

Hi, Klob.

Confetti hooch???? What the heck's that?? is this some new top secret patern of yours. If you don't mind sharing, what is the color code for the hoochie you are referring to. Damn, if you tell me I'm going to have to buy another ten pack. That should brimg my hoochy collection to somewhere near totally absurd. If this keeps up I'm going to have to buy a commercial troller just to drag all my hoochies,ARGHHHH. Someone stop me, I think I need a therapist.:D

Pretty sure that's what it's called. Picked it up at the French Creek marina store. White with multicoloured rings around it. You can also try : Army Truck, Cop Car, Blood and Bones, Glow white, White,Watermelon, Green and White..................................

That's what it's called...those guys sold me one of them this time last year...apparently you shouldn't leave home without it...mine is still toothmark free[:0].

Back