Dry ice

alumaman

Is there anywhere to get dry ice on the island? I am thinking of this rather than shaved ice for some longer trips, it might allow for an extra day or two of fishing. It might even solve the worm problem in another recent post by freezing the worms to death. Any pros or cons about dry ice for storing the fish? I would keep the fish from touching the dry ice so not to damage the meat.

Regards

I got dry ice for the last time I transported fish right behind S&G Power in Victoria. It's at the corner of Market St and Quesnel St. Blue Water bait is the name of the place, I think.

quote:Originally posted by alumaman

Is there anywhere to get dry ice on the island? I am thinking of this rather than shaved ice for some longer trips, it might allow for an extra day or two of fishing. It might even solve the worm problem in another recent post by freezing the worms to death. Any pros or cons about dry ice for storing the fish? I would keep the fish from touching the dry ice so not to damage the meat.

Regards
I have used dry ice several times in the past. There are several places to pick it up depending on where you are. You can even have it brought into almost anywhere on WCVI. There are also a couple places in Campbell, but - personal opinion, save your money and just get "salt" ice. I have kept fish packed in ice for over a week. Concerning the worm comment, there are several different types of worms... and I believe it is -18 degrees for up to 72 hours?

Iceco behind Glen Oak Ford on Douglas St in Victoria. They have dry ice, reg ice and packaging materials for shipping. They also sell Bluewater baits.

Back