Dream Fishing Trip

Bassblaster

Since we have a couple of threads on here that are in the realm of fantasy, and supposing the money is no object rule applies, what would your dream fishing trip be?

Any where... with a few nude trophies fishing along side of me. I would say more but it would be edited.

Say.. new rod holders...

Sorry,

I would love to go to the Queen Charlotte Islands. Catching a Huge Tyee would be Awesome. Mexico or Hawaii would be another Dream fishing trip for me.

Back to a certain spot I know in the NWT for the Largest Arctic Char that still exist!
some REAL Record-Breakers lurk there, and I'd be on it in a heartbeat! ;)

Cheers,
Nog

27 miles of bamfield with a few good buddies;),,, wait a tick?? oh ya i do that every year,still livin the dream, so this year the dream is TUNA:cool:

Build a time machine, take the boat and myself back before Capt Cook's time and fish all my favorite Island spots all by myself. Now that is priceless!!!

Build a time machine, take the boat and myself back before Capt Cook's time and fish all my favorite Island spots all by myself. Now that is priceless!!!

have you read the book fishing with john? took me back in time when i shoulda been

Right now, even a half day on Elk lake fishing from shore would be nice. I've done my trip to the far north and I'd go back in a second, so I hear what Nog's saying. But my super trip of the future, money, job, and family permitting, is a fly fishing trip to Patagonia for a month.

--- You mean like this??? :)

IMGP2024.jpg

I would love to go back to fish in mid or northern Norway again for a couple of weeks - with nice weather! I went at least 4 times there in the 90's and it was phenominal fishing! Deep sea fjords with swarms of huge atlantic cods and several other big cod family predators, plus halibut and lings and wolfeels and snappers and other ugly but tasty beasts on the bottom, sea trouts near creek mouths. Sore arms on many days. Fishing under the midnight sun! Rugged coast - similar to BC. And simple fishing - jigging - deep and shallow. Since you mostly fish inside the fjords surrounded by huge mountains, wind is often not a factor - very protected waters, like Saanich Inlet in comparison. Even casting from shore will get you in decent fish (~10 lbs) anywhere. Salmon are unfortunately mostly gone there but the variety of big fish to catch is mind-boggling. Plus great freshwater fishing on top - trout, char and pike.

Even though I started this thread it's taken me a lot of thinking to actually come up with what I would want to do as my dream trip.

After days of thinking about it I realized that I can't pick just one trip or target species. There's just too many amazing locations and incredible fishing opportunities on the planet. But if I have to chose just one, I'd say a couple of months on the Amazon would be it.

Flyfishing for steelhead on some of the skeena trib's. Tarpon fishing looks like a blast. Have you seen any of the youtube vid's of jurassic lake.

Back