Downrigger?

Merrittboy

Want to buy a Scotty electric downrigger for my 19 ft boat. Not sure what size etc to get, telescoping etc, other options. Fish Renfrew and will use a lot. Thinking about picking it up down south this weekend, can you help me, ideas?

theres some great deals popping up on craigslist right now.. i know your in merrit but check them out if you ever come down this way.. especially usedvictoria.com
if you find a pair and if you want, email me and if you could arrange for payment i could pick them up for you and hold them till your next trip over - vancouver or vancouver island im back and forth almost weekly.

As for telescoping or not, telescoping is nice becasue it gets your lines way out there and covers more space, but can be difficult to use on a smaller boat. Also, at 60" long x 10lbs theres alot of force put on your hull, so you need to make sure its well enough enforced.

I would go telescopic, and even if you dont use them extended you have the option of doing it, but for a 19' boat i wouldnt let that be the deal breaker.

Thank you nedarb2, I will check it out and if I find something that fits will get back to you. If you see something let me know. Was also thinking about buying used and the warranty, told that it does not carry over after sale..

quote:Originally posted by Merrittboy

Thank you nedarb2, I will check it out and if I find something that fits will get back to you. If you see something let me know. Was also thinking about buying used and the warranty, told that it does not carry over after sale..

they do have the lifetime gaurantee which doesnt transfer theoretically, but you dont need proof of purchase, so realistically it does. I was told they sometimes just ask you verbally if your the original owner (of course you are ;) )

ill keep my eyes open for you you, let me know if you find anything;
heres a few that have been listed recently to start off with:
http://www.usedvictoria.com/classified-ad/11657456
http://www.usedvictoria.com/classified-ad/11555179

Back