Do You Think We Are Retards?

quote:Originally posted by kelly

Hahaha that didnt make any sense but was interesting.
X2 LOL

No offence HOOTs

LOL,,,A RANT IS A RTANT,,,SEEE WHAT HAPPENS WHEN YOU DONT THINK,,,,,LOL,[^]

ITS OUR PASSION TO FISH AND GET OUT OF DOORS...PLEASE...FISH LEGAL OR GET OFF THE RIVER!

quote:Originally posted by HOOTEY

LOL,,,A RANT IS A RTANT,,,SEEE WHAT HAPPENS WHEN YOU DON'T THINK,,,,,LOL,[^]

ITS OUR PASSION TO FISH AND GET OUT OF DOORS...PLEASE...FISH LEGAL OR GET OFF THE RIVER!
what?
what you said makes no sense at all.

In my opinion, the response has been very positive.

RIVER THUG,,,,fyi I posted a rant on your sales technique today and thought not worth it so I deleted it ....:(

quote:Originally posted by highlights

First off, respect to those learned anglers that double as sales clerks at the various retail outlets. Thanks for your efforts!

.........where to go from here. I'll tell you what though, it's plain to spot a snot nose green horn sales person when one approaches me. He/she may not know my history in the world of fishing.(obviously not their fault I know) I tend not to get into it. Unless I ask please do not offer up advice and especially if you do get me going, arguing with my selection is really rather something I dislike.

I have spent Tens of thousands of dollars at many tackle shops and most guys/girls know me. What bothers me is when a new employee ( bless their heart;) ) come up to me as if I am some total newb. I know they don't know who I am but it would be cool if a store owner had a catalouge of faces and important customers. Train the clerk to call you by your name and give you a bit of space when you step into the store. I know that is a pipedream but I am a business owner and I emplore my staff to use first names with everyone I deal with . People love the warmer friendly reception rather than the deer in the headlights approach.

My rant.

:D
couldn't agree with you more....why is it some stores hire mostly female students who know nothing about nothing then try to BS their way through legitimate questions asked by customers only to trip over their tongues....hiring experienced anglers not only increases sales but builds long term, first name basis relationships with clients....seen this time and time again....when only the bottom line matters its time to shop elsewhere....they all carry the same tackle for the most part anyway.....

I retired at 50 from Bell Canada, after 32 years (Data Engineer)
went into Hub Sports for a license, Roger offered me a job on the spot.
Spent around 9 years there, I found I was not spoken down to by prfessionals, ie lawyers , doctors etc but mostly by people who earned less working than I was making on my pension!
So, I learned to take people with a grain of salt.
If you treated me nice, there was nothing that I would not do for you.
You treat me bad, you probably would not get a deal from me.
Don

Back