Do all my spinning lures need to be a single hook

G

Grousegirl

Hi Everyone,

This is my first post and I'm from Pennsylvania. My wife and I will be vacationing in BC this summer and we plan on doing some fishing while there. We will be fly fishing as well as some spin fishing which brings about the reason for this post. From what I read it looks like I cannot use any of my spinning lures which all have treble hooks on them as the regulations state "single hook on all steams". What about lakes in BC? Can spinning lures with treble hooks be used on lakes or is the single hook reg. region wide. We will be in regions 6, 7A, and 7B. Thanks for you input in advance.
Tight Lines,
Jim

the single barblesshook regulation is required on all moving water in BC. As a general rule, treble hooks and multi hook lures are allowed on lakes but each lake may have a specific gear restriction for which the fishing regs would have to be referred to. Hope this helps

the single barblesshook regulation is required on all moving water in BC. As a general rule, treble hooks and multi hook lures are allowed on lakes but each lake may have a specific gear restriction for which the fishing regs would have to be referred to. Hope this helps

I hunt Ruffed Grouse in Pa. with a female Brittany and she is my "Grousegirl" but I'll watch out for those Grouseboys!

ya.... since we promote alto of catch and release to the next generation, its good to use gear the allows you to let them go if required .most people take there food fish from lakes and leave the limited population of river fish in the river . when will you be coming to b.c to fish? and what will you be targeting? you can use a triple hook for salmon in the ocean but it must be barb less as well. ggod luck and feel free to ask ?

Were actually driving to Alaska, but will be doing overnight stays in Dawson Creek, Pink Mtn., Muncho Lake on the way up to Alaska and on the way back we will be in BC in Dease Lake, Stewart, Smithers, and Prince George. If anyone can give us any tips on any streams/lake to fish it would be much appreciated. We are keeping none and any species would be fine with us to catch.

On the way up the dates are July 11-13 and on the way back they are July 31-Aug 4

you should be in prime time for some good artic grayling fishing.Try floating flies in small14 and 16 sizes,or really tiny spinners.

I'm not trying to hijack the thread but, Grousegirl, we have a 10 grouse per day limit here in most of BC. If you bring your dog, you don't need a guide to hunt grouse I believe. We also have Ruffed Grouse, Blue Grouse and Spruce Grouse and you can take alll three in one day from many areas. Now, back to fishing.

im a indian so i can use a hundred barbs on one hook if i want 2....

cool a hundred barbs, wow. Sounds like fun times!!! Thats what I' m gonna try tomorrow!!!

If you are going for Arctic Greyling use flys with blue on them , not the light blue but a darker or Royal blue on a dry fly , they love hitting that colour I used to fish a lot in the afternoons when moose hunting in the North of BC.

AL

Thanks Alley Cat, I appreciate all the info you guys in BC can give me for this upcoming trip when using flys or spinners.

Back