Disappointment Rememberance Day

Got to check replies re my post few days ago. I sure got beat up, raked over the coals. I have to mull thisover a bit before I reply back Wont be for few days have to go out of town.
Thought I was making a valid point,not meaning to slam anyone. Dont know what to make of this.
Talk next week

No matter how long that the poppy is worn is irrelevant the memory is what counts. Remember they died and were maimed maybe yesterday or many years ago and it is still the same for them today. Still dead or maimed.

Got to check replies re my post few days ago. I sure got beat up, raked over the coals. I have to mull thisover a bit before I reply back Wont be for few days have to go out of town.
Thought I was making a valid point,not meaning to slam anyone. Dont know what to make of this.
Talk next week

I am not sure that not much if any of this discussion was directed at you otter, So I wouldn't fret.

I didn't wear a poppy. That doesn't mean that I don't have a good hand full in my truck from every time I walked by a donation box.

I went fishing.. I got back to the truck at 10:56.. It was close enough.. I had a minute..

I know one that didn't come back from Afghanistan.

My Grandpa's plane was shot down in WWII.

I may do things different... I don't forget though and that is the important thing. Last year I was dealing with the childrins. We pulled over (as I was driving) at 11 to listen to cfax and have our minute. Many others had pulled over too. Then I had to explain to a 5 and 7 year old why we just did that

To me it seems the tradition of the people that had some of the most horrific memories not fresh but more burnt in to their mind (founding Remembrance Day/Veterans Day) is dying... Or changing?
I may be young enough to be your kid.... I might remember differently.
My kids are just another generation removed... They will remember different than me.

I think that the (real.... not any Nickelodeon edited version) video of the beach should be shown in schools..

Jus rambling now...

I would have hit the...

facebook-like-buton.png

button on St2's post if we had one........

A couple of years ago, I had to take my Daughter out of school on Nov. 11th. The teachers had voted for an extra day off at Christmas! Believe me after the CHITE I raised, that hasn't happened again!

Google Canadian Stat Holidays, by Province, Nov. 11th isn't recognized as a stat in.....................ONT!!

http://www.statutoryholidays.com/ontario.php

A couple of years ago, I had to take my Daughter out of school on Nov. 11th. The teachers had voted for an extra day off at Christmas! Believe me after the CHITE I raised, that hasn't happened again!

Google Canadian Stat Holidays, by Province, Nov. 11th isn't recognized as a stat in.....................ONT!!

http://www.statutoryholidays.com/ontario.php

Yup....there are abouut 4-5 provinces that it is NOT a stat holiday. Manitoba is one of them but they label it as a "day of recognition" or something like that but most people DO take the day off as it's a Government/"Bank" holiday. I am pretty darn sure if I recall correctly it was a day off school for us as well growing up but just not recognized as a "stat".

Back